Ice Cream Bars

the icb is an F1 hybrid and will not reproduce its self,unless it is back bred or line bred, it will still take lots of selective breeding. starting next fall, i will start producing the true F1 hybrids that are the ice cream bar these will be true blue egg layers. for now the only way to get these results is a straight cross.

I bought 2 ICB eggs from Eva at Mt Lehman Acres in BC. 1 pullet (Friday Fluffybutt) and 1 cockerel (Freckle). Freckle couldn't stay in the city so he's on a new farm living the dream.
Friday lives here in the city (Vancouver) and should start laying next month. I'll be sure to share some pics of the eggs.

Here's Freckle, on his last day in the city. I was so sad to hear his first crowing.

thanks i really love the crests on the pullets i have acquired 10 pullets of reese cream legbars, and 15 blue isbars i will let u know how it comes out i believe with this many crosses i will surely be some special birds, yours are beautiful

Friday Fluffybutt and her feather faux-hawk! She's getting to be my favourite. She jumps up to the perch when I come outside in the hopes of mealworms... which she usually gets. Her face is getting redder which means egg-laying is around the corner. Fingers crossed for blue eggs!

Anyone have more info on the egg color and what birds look like with this cross... isbars clb

Last edited:
these birds are not a pure breed,and wont reproduce birds like themselves as I stated that will take years of selective breeding to get any consistency in breeding icb to icb, one must also be careful not to let them become inbred. if that happens; time to start over

yes, but dont expect consistency when breeding these hybrid birds. the gene pool is just too wide in scope, no telling what the offspring will do, just saying!

On another note: the birds GFF imported as Isbars are really not Isbars at all. They are now known as Silverrudd's blues. I guess we will need to rename this hybrid Silverudd's blue cream legbars or something.
There are people working to get true Isbars in the US. They are a totally different breed.

Ive only researched the breed but from What ive learned it's the same breed. Isbars where renamed to silverrudds blues. Most places still call them isbars but the breeders trying to import a new line call them silverrudds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom