Icelandic Chickens

lau.gif
I saw that and thought the same thing.....would be great if it is a pullet.....looks like four out of five of Forsaela's brood are males.........
roll.png
........still thinking the blue is a pullet!!
yesss.gif

Last edited:
If Icelandics are your only breed, your coops only have to be predator proof. If you have other breeds, all your pens must be Icelandic proof. They have an uncanny ability to find every opening, no matter how miniscule, and will fit themselves through it to get where they want to be. I have German New Hampshires that are kept in an Icelandic proof coop and run. My Icelandics go to the coop "early" (about 2 1/2 hours before dark) and I close them in and let the New Hampshires free range until they go to roost at dark. I have some hens of other breeds in with the Icelandics but all of them lay a brown egg so no chance of mixed chicks being hatched.

Never had one lay outside, even though they free range almost all day, every day.
Thanks for taking the time Yes it does help. Particularly these two bits of information ^^
big_smile.png
I hope it goes as well for me. I do have other breeds, and other white layers so I will have to take into account their ability to appear in places they aren't neccessarily invited.
head count last night
love.gif
its hard to count all ten at once....they keep ducking underneath her.

So sweet! Is that a Bantam broody??? I like the little brown one next to mama in the front.

Back
Top Bottom