Icelandic Chickens

I obtain six Icelandic chicks recently and it appears all of them are going to be crested to some degree. does that mean that all of spring will be crested? I know in ducks this is a genetic mutation that is undesired but I also heard that in chickens does not carry the same problems as in ducks. any info would be appreciated.

I obtain six Icelandic chicks recently and it appears all of them are going to be crested to some degree.  does that mean that all of spring will be crested?  I know in ducks this is a genetic mutation that is undesired but I also heard that in chickens does not carry the same problems as in ducks.  any info would be appreciated.
Crests are very common in icelandics and has no genetic health issues concerned with their crest most my flock has them sometimes may have to trim if cant see around their eyes but not usually an issue

Crests are very common in icelandics and has no genetic health issues concerned with their crest most my flock has them sometimes may have to trim if cant see around their eyes but not usually an issue
so would you say that crests are quite common in Icelandic? And do you know if it is a dominant treat?

. First try incubating some shipped eggs or eggs period 7 icelandic chicks!

Back
Top Bottom