Icelandic Chickens

Yay! Good luck! I tried a couple of batches of turkey eggs this year, but they were a bust :( lousy incubator. When you have poults, can I please ask for a picture? :)

Mike, how's the hatch going?

Yay! Good luck! I tried a couple of batches of turkey eggs this year, but they were a bust :( lousy incubator. When you have poults, can I please ask for a picture? :)

Actually I have some poults now. I had two broody cochins hatch nine. A snake got two :( but I still have 7 healthy babies. I will try to get pictures tomorrow.

I have three hatched, and one pipped of the 6 Husatoftir I set. It looks like one pip from the 10 Hlesey line that made it to lockdown. I separated them into separate incubators Wednesday. It's interesting too me that the one line is hatching early.

Yaaaay Mike! Can't wait to see!

I candled my eggs tonight. Three clears, one ??? And the rest are developing beautifully. Ohhhh I'm hoping hoping hoping!

Gorgeous!! You are very lucky!
love.gif

Yay! Good luck! I tried a couple of batches of turkey eggs this year, but they were a bust
sad.png
lousy incubator. When you have poults, can I please ask for a picture?
smile.png

Mike, how's the hatch going?

No more turkey hatching for me, last year I hatched out close to 100 of them, do you have any idea how much turkeys can eat?
ep.gif
The took over my fenced garden area and I haven't had a garden since.

This year I'm selling off the last of my breeders. I want a garden again and everything has to be fenced off from the darn deer around here.

Hi Other Mary, haven't stopped in for awhile, but I read through the thread to catch up.

Deb

Cute chicks, Mike.....would you like to expand on the Hustatofir and Hlesey lines for those of us not in the know?

frow.gif
Hi Deb! I hope you had a great trip........how could you not?!!

The eight Easter Hatchalong Icelandics are doing great. 7 of the 8 have single combs and the only rose comb is a cockerel....... I need to get out with the camera....
Glora's singleton is also a single comb and dark....looks like Eldur was busy this Spring!
Asta hatched two Barnevelder chicks from the shipped eggs. I hope at least one is a pullet.........Kelly I'll post a picture and you can give me the news......
tongue.png
I gave the other 4 Barnevelder eggs to the KY pullet but none hatched. I removed her from the mobile coop and she spent yesterday trying to get back in but was on the roost with everyone else in the evening.
Glima and Gula got a couple eggs each from a neighbor's cochins. Gula has a blue and a black but Glima didn't hatch any so I will be moving her out to the mobile coop, minus a nest box, today.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom