Icelandic Hatching Eggs 12

ReiMiraa

Songster
10 Years
Dec 2, 2009
Leavenworth the "German Town"
My Icelandics are from two separate import lines. My rooster Lundi is a direct import from Iceland.

They lay medium white eggs. Have white earlobes and come in many colors. Some are crested some are not. There is no standard, they are a product of their environment, a Landrace.

Mine are the happiest at free ranging. I have them in a separate coop when they are of breeding age to keep them pure. They are the ultimate escape artists.

The roosters have nice tails and are respectful of keeping their distance. The hens are almost the size of large bantams, very different from the roosters, slowly improving size with each generation.
They have survived the winter without heating. My older hens did take a vacation in December from egg laying. They are a product of their environment. I have not had any go broody yet.

The fertility rate is good, I have some hens that just started laying and haven't tested their egg yet.

I will pack the eggs in cartons and fill the box full of packing peanuts. I like to use the USPS flat rate boxes. That said, I do not guarantee the eggs will hatch after shipping.

Square (Cash) is my preferred method of payment. Click the link to see what they are about.

One note about the chick diet, in my experience this breed requires a higher protein diet than what normal chick chow provides.

If you want to visit Leavenworth, WA you can pick up chicks or eggs directly
Check out my flock on Facebook: Rachels Hen House

Last edited:
ah, that is not bad.
I will talk to my Biz partner. I am sure she will want some, when you get back from vacation.

Are you back? She definitely wants some eggs. Do you take paypal? PM me your email address and I will have her get in touch with you. She is not on BYC. And is having Internet connection issues too.

Thanks!
Holly

What is the price for a doz? and 6? and shipping to CA, 93614 (ish)
I'm sure you can start saving now. I just need a price to give my friend.....or I might have to pay it for her...her internet is broken.

Back
Top Bottom