Idaho?

Pics
Count me in on a gathering in IF!
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
First of all, thank you so much for your kind offer to host
smile.png

I love Idaho Falls! I used to drive thru there on the way to visit my parents in Jackson Hole. Google indicates that it's 537 miles from my house or 8 hour and 35 minute drive. Farther than I thought, but certainly worth the drive. I know we don't have any other travel plans in June.

Evelle, maybe you and I could drive together and split the cost of gas and a hotel?? I'd hate for you miss the meet up. We can figure out a way to keep it on the cheap so everyone can go!

And anyone else from Northern Idaho, lets get together and figure out a way to make this happen!!!
19.gif

Quote:
smile.png

I love Idaho Falls! I used to drive thru there on the way to visit my parents in Jackson Hole. Google indicates that it's 537 miles from my house or 8 hour and 35 minute drive. Farther than I thought, but certainly worth the drive. I know we don't have any other travel plans in June.

Evelle, maybe you and I could drive together and split the cost of gas and a hotel?? I'd hate for you miss the meet up. We can figure out a way to keep it on the cheap so everyone can go!

And anyone else from Northern Idaho, lets get together and figure out a way to make this happen!!!http://www.pic4ever.com/images/19.gif

oh that would be wonderful... my daughter birthday is june 2 and mine is june 14... and i would just love to visit my family i miss them so much...
keep in touch and we shall see how it goes
smile.png
and discoveregg i got to my aunts house in 6 and 1/2 one year
wink.png
no speeding..

Last edited:
Quote:
smile.png

And anyone else from Northern Idaho, lets get together and figure out a way to make this happen!!!http://www.pic4ever.com/images/19.gif

oh that would be wonderful... my daughter birthday is june 2 and mine is june 14... and i would just love to visit my family i miss them so much...
keep in touch and we shall see how it goes
smile.png
and discoveregg i got to my aunts house in 6 and 1/2 one year
wink.png
no speeding..

Great! Another option - we could consider camping, especially if we're taking chickens to swap. If we were to take any roos, I'm not sure the hotel would appreciate crowing all night
lau.gif

Mine don't understand the part about crowing at dawn.

Last edited:
Quote:
Just a follow up...Big R now carries every kind of poultry deicer you could want - inlcuding the one I bought, but for $10.00 less
he.gif
Next time I need something from Big R I'll ask if they are going to be carrying the product any time in the future
hmm.png
Now I have two 3 gallon plastic waterers with the heater built right into the base. I recently found a thread about making deicers out of cookie tins for smaller waterers and wanted to share with you guys in case you haven't seen it. Super easy. Would have saved me some $$. Lesson learned.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=107951

How does Saturday June 9, 2011 sound for the East Idaho Chickenstock in Idaho Falls? For anyone coming up the night before, I have a big backyard that could temporarily house your birds.. my neighbors won't mind a few roosters crowing one morning....
gig.gif

I think this will a lot of fun!! We could all bring eggs, chicks, birds, goats, pigs...
smack.gif
ok maybe I'm getting carried away just a little..
hide.gif

I do have a couple of ideas/questions:

We could have a barbecue lunch... I suggest that those of us who live in Idaho Falls and can help, take care of getting all the food.. If everyone was willing to RSVP and pay a small amount, we could buy all the food, provide the grills, plates etc etc... Do you want to have a lunch?

There is a community park here that the rental fee is $50/day. It has a covered pavilion with picnic tables, next to a nice playground and even has a small city pool about 100 yards away. There are a couple of other places I've thought of that we could hold it at.. I will try and find out availability and cost on them as well.

I will also see about getting a rate at a hotel close by for those who want to spend the night... Alternatively if you have a motorhome/trailer... The high school parking lot is right behind my house and Wal-mart is less than a mile away..

Anyone else have any ideas? Requests? What would you like to see happen at the first Annual East Idaho Chickenstock???

Sounds fun to me! Will just need to make sure the date works for us as we get closer (teenage kids with stuff going constantly!) Will RSVP in the Spring and keep checking for info
big_smile.png
I would be looking to buy any NH, White Rock or Aussie chicks if anyone has any at the time.....we are adding on to our run and coop in the spring and those are my new wishlist breeds
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom