Idaho?

Is it the male peacocks that are so beautiful and colorful? I would love to have some when my puppies get a little older, they have already snacked on some of our chickens
1f61e.png

Is it the male peacocks that are so beautiful and colorful? I would love to have some when my puppies get a little older, they have already snacked on some of our chickens
1f61e.png

Yep. Even though there are 225 varieties of peafowl so some are not as colorful as other varieties.
Male on the left, hen on the right.
Here's my trio of Whites. Male is fanning and the two hens are walking around. They remain White for their entire life. The male will eventually have as large of a train as my other male but it will be solid white.

Last edited:
My neighbor told me that if you have problems with dogs killing chickens take the dead chicken and beat the dog with it (some people dont like this, but they are killing chickens, they need to be punished), and then tie the chicken around the dogs neck for the rest of the day (or two). They will never go after a chicken again!!!! I have never tried it but if she has a problem she asks an old farmer!

My neighbor told me that if you have problems with dogs killing chickens take the dead chicken and beat the dog with it (some people dont like this, but they are killing chickens, they need to be punished), and then tie the chicken around the dogs neck for the rest of the day (or two). They will never go after a chicken again!!!! I have never tried it but if she has a problem she asks an old farmer!

My dogs know that they can't touch any of my birds nor anything in the yard.

FBCM--French Black Copper Marans. I am not a fan of the Aussies as much because of the plain tan egg, but LOVE the Marans for the chocolate colored eggs. (eggs on far left in picture)
The Marans have a nice copper necklace and part of the head, so they still are kinda cool looking---I raise mostly the blue so it adds a little more color too.

Such beautiful eggs! Love them all!

Hello from Marsing. My family is just starting on the chicken adventure. We will be getting our first chicks in a few weeks. I love seeing all of the different flocks, and setups people have and look forward to learning a lot from all of you.

Back
Top Bottom