Idaho?

Pullet availability update: I still have a black copper marans pullet, blue orpingtons, and a golden cuckoo marans. There might be more pullets in my youngest pen coming up including some blue egg layers.

So my 3 guinea hens that were brooding across the road under a tree at the neighbors came home yesterday with nine little chicks... YEA!!!

BTW... Mama guinea hens are 10 times as protective as chicken mamas!!! My neighbor came over to help corral them wearing shorts and went home bloody LOL

I also have a pip on one of the project eggs!! Hopefully I'll come back to work to find they all hatched!! I'm thinking I will trying sneaking them under the guinea mamas...

Last edited:
I have three lovely bantam roosters they are 6 months old. One is a Mille Fleur D'uccle, then the other two are Cochins one red and the other is blue.
I need to update their pics so I will post some soon. I live outside of Pocatello if that helps. :)
I just don't have enough hens for them. Too many roosters not enough hens lol.

Not chicken related, but does anybody want to put together a trail ride? I have a loaner horse if you don't have one. I'm talking about an easy going local ride from our property in Paul to the ditch banks and/or the desert sage brush areas.

Wish I could ride again, Pawtraitart. Your big horse might hold me without breaking! I was talking to my mom this morning. She has two chickens, a rooster and a hen. Actually my brother has them but they wander around her house a lot. Buttercups apparently. Anyway as much as I love all the chicks I got from you, I dont think I can use two rooster bantam cochins! So I am working on convincing her to take a pair. Other than how cute the roosters are its not fair to ask her to just take the rooster.
If anyone on here wants a super cute rooster, mille fleur style let me know. Then I can keep both my little hens!!
This is one of them from about a month ago. His feathers have really developed, mille fleur style since then but he was a cute feisty thing even then!!!

Back
Top Bottom