Idaho?

Next year... for sure. Maybe the show in UT and the one in WA too....

I'm tempted to show one of my silkies I have currently, just for the experience. They aren't great quality, but I don't think they have anything that will disqualify them... I need to look at the list again... But next year.. I am determined to get ribbons! LOL

Sure, show your kids. At 2.50 per entry, why not! You never know :)

Hey, I hope this is the right place to post this, but I have a gorgeous Blue Orpington cockerel that needs a home. I got him as a fertile egg from a guy in Emmett who works with Blue Orps and Swedish Flower hens and and his Orpington lines were stunning. Anyway, I'm in Nampa, so if anyone close by is interested, he's about 11 weeks old right now.
I'd be happy to sell him for only $5.00 to a fellow BYCer....

Thanks,
Sarita

we might be interested, my husband has grown attached to orps! can you send a pic or two and I'll ask him?

We extended our run today, they will be happy in the evenings now to still have room to wonder.

Still a work in progress as I need to put the rest of the roof up on the new 12ft section and now I can place the cement blocks around the outside (for predators) and plant flowers in them. :) Any ideas on bulbs that will come back yearly that aren't poisonous?

There is a coop and 3 houses now, just need to go buy another water tub.

Also finally got my first photo of my full flock. ;)

4 ducks and 2 chickens! Love them all! They thought I had treats so came noisily running my way.

Please do not judge me upon this post I do not have the money to take this bird to the vet. I live in the Idaho Falls area and I am looking for someone who can humanely kill my rooster for me. I have been dealing with an impacted crop with him for a couple of weeks. I have been able to get it smaller and things looked good 2 weeks ago, but now it's happened all over again. I really like this little guy because he is so sweet but I can't watch him die slowly and I don't know how and don't think I could stomach killing a chicken. So please if you know how or know some one who does please private message me.

Please do not judge me upon this post I do not have the money to take this bird to the vet. I live in the Idaho Falls area and I am looking for someone who can humanely kill my rooster for me. I have been dealing with an impacted crop with him for a couple of weeks. I have been able to get it smaller and things looked good 2 weeks ago, but now it's happened all over again. I really like this little guy because he is so sweet but I can't watch him die slowly and I don't know how and don't think I could stomach killing a chicken. So please if you know how or know some one who does please private message me.

How long have you had chickens? I dont know if I could either. Maybe. Maybe not. No family who could do it?

I just got into chickens this year, and I don't know of any of my neighbors who would know how. And I want it done humanely, I've seen some of the way chickens are killed and it's just wrong. I could probably kill a nasty mean rooster no problem, but he's such a sweety I'm afraid I would do it wrong and cause him suffering.

Help :) Any one interested in a bunny? My daughter and grandson raised Oxly and he has been an inside bunny for 2 years. She left to grad school and could not take him with her. I am allergic to him so the poor chum is not getting the attention he is use to. Super sweet little guy with lots of personality. He comes with his corner potty box and a water bottle. He is not a big guy.

there are several threads about what others have done - search for "impacted crop"

try sending message to thebirdguy he is in your neck of the woods and might have an idea or two

https://www.backyardchickens.com/u/72494/thebirdguy

Back
Top Bottom