Idaho?

HELLO LOCAL IDAHOANS!!!!! I am from the treasure valley farm areas like kunaish. just not on a farm. Looking to get some Buff Orpingtons this summer anyone know kuna laws and restrictions for chickens? I cant find anything that shows numbers for how many

I just made the BEST DEAL eevveerr!

Traded roosters and older stew hens for fresh made red and green tamales! Yum yum!

It sounds like they would do the deal whenever I have some for them. I will definitely be keeping THAT contact! Hehehe

Tamales are my FAV!!
droolin.gif
I really should try to make them. yum.....................

Does anyone have any older birds/culls/cockerels etc that they would like to see gone? I could come and get them. I had a guy contact me and he wants a bunch to free range on his place in UT.

Quote:
I need to let some of my holder hens go but I am just to attached to them! I feel bad when I start thinking of them having to re-adjust to a new flock, or if they get ill or hurt would someone put the care into them that I would given their age? Guess I'm going to have to stop thinking that way eventually if I want my egg production to go back up again some day by bringing in younger birds, and I only have room so so many. Mine are all around 2 to 4 years old now and the egg production just isn't want it used to be, I get about 3 to 5 eggs right now out of 16 hens.

I have 3 roosters for sale 1 Black Copper Maran and 2 Gold Laced Polish all will be turing 1 year this spring.
$15 for the Black Copper Maran and $10 for the Gold Laced Polish. All photos were taken today, one Polish would be great for show and both would work in a breeding program. The Black Copper Maran rooster lost some of his comb this winter do to frostbite. I am in Idaho Falls if you are interested please call or text me at 208-270-2941 Tara.

I have 3 roosters for sale 1 Black Copper Maran and 2 Gold Laced Polish all will be turing 1 year this spring. $15 for the Black Copper Maran and $10 for the Gold Laced Polish. All photos were taken today, one Polish would be great for show and both would work in a breeding program. The Black Copper Maran rooster lost some of his comb this winter do to frostbite. I am in Idaho Falls if you are interested please call or text me at 208-270-2941 Tara.
Did you hatch the FBCM? Just wondering what the coloring was like from the egg he came from, or where you got him from :D

Just depends on where around Kuna you live. The husband's daughter is in some new houses and the HOA doesn't allow "farm animals" and even just hens are considered farm animals.

Here in Buhl, I heard chickens all around me, so got some. When we moved from s.e. Montana, I brought my registered Saanen Dairy Goats and the husband had a miniature horse because we were told that we could have livestock. Talking with neighbors, I was told about the no chicken rule. Considering I'm in the county, I didn't figure they could say anything about what I have. So I made some phone calls and ended up talking to Planning and Zoning in the Town Office. Buhl has an "Impact Zone" that goes out about a mile from the edge of Buhl's city limits. The Impact Zone has to follow some city rules and they restrict things. For animals, I can't have llamas, sow & boar pigs (can raise for the freezer) or chickens! I can have 1 horse per acre, 1 cow/calf pair per acre, 4 goats & sheep combined per acre. So, since I have 4.5 acres, if I had a horse, I can only use 3.5 acres for goat/sheep numbers. No horses now, so I can run 18 goats & sheep combined. I have good fencing, so as long as my registered Saanen dairy goats stay home, I don't think my neighbors mind too much, especially as I let their kids come to milk or play with the 4-legged kids.

Has everyone here heard what's going on in the Idaho state legislature? The Senate & House have passed an "Ag Gag" bill prohibiting anyone from recording, photographing or videotaping ag businesses' treatment of animals--even on public lands! This makes it much more difficult to be aware of & resolve inhumane practices on poultry farms & such.

Our only remaining hope is that Governor Otter will veto the bill.

You can read about it at http://www.idahostatesman.com/letters-to-the-editor/index.html and https://www.facebook.com/pages/Governor-C-L-Butch-Otter/292986829831

Back
Top Bottom