Idaho?

My hair sheep ewe had her baby yesterday. He looks like a holstein calf! We've never had one colored like this.

Too cute. New line of sheep!

If anyone is interested... Sharon Wright from the Idaho Dept of Ag is speaking at the Idaho Bird Breeders Assoc meeting on Sunday at 7p. She will go over dieseases, biosecurity, NPIP what it is, Is NPIP for you, What NPIP tests, and how to get started. The meeting is at Sunrise Cafe in Caldwell. Folks start showing up at 6 for the no host dinner and the meeting starts at 7p. Mike Stanton from Zamzows will also speak on hatching. Hope to see you there :)

the quail love the deep litter floor. They bury themselves in it so you can just see their heads sometimes, it's funny

Last edited:
If I head your way soon, I will check to see if he is still available. Is he a good boy? I am definitely interested, but if you find someone before I get up there that is all good
smile.png
I have some FBCM growing out, I am sure I will have plenty of boys in there....I would rather have an unrelated roo though, and one now would be awesome because my phone is ringing off the hook for chicks and fertile eggs, I could be making a little feed money!
Yes he is a very good boy, way more gentle with the ladies then the polish roosters I have. And he has never given me any attitude.

Chick days at Cal Ranch......it's so upsetting!!! Why are they ordering chicks so early? They can't properly take care of the poor babies who arrive shocked at being shipped when it's still too cold. Of course I have to go check on what they have and every time there is at least one dead chick and several weak ones in there. So sad.
hit.gif

I don't have a D&B here in Paul. I wonder if Cal Ranch gets their chicks from farther away? Dunlap is close by so I'm sure it's much easier travel for the chicks this time of year.

There is a hatchery in New Mexico that the chicks come from at the Cal Ranch here in Logan, UT...not sure if it is store by store or if they buy them for all the stores...the manager here knew, you could ask someone there a the store maybe?

Yes he is a very good boy, way more gentle with the ladies then the polish roosters I have. And he has never given me any attitude. 

Thanks for the info, he sound awesome! Still waiting to see if a trip your direction works out, and I will check back.

Chick days at Cal Ranch......it's so upsetting!!! Why are they ordering chicks so early? They can't properly take care of the poor babies who arrive shocked at being shipped when it's still too cold. Of course I have to go check on what they have and every time there is at least one dead chick and several weak ones in there. So sad. :hit

It makes me so sad too....the worst is after Easter they always seem to have way too many, and at our store they were "eating each other" last year, bleeding and everything. There were some little Buff Orps that were hamburger, they were cheeping like mad, I just wanted to scoop them all up and save them from the inadequate care they were getting from the inept employees....Grrrrr :smack

D&B here in the valley gets chicks from both Dunlap Hatchery (Nampa) and Privett Hatchery (in New Mexico). Some of the D&Bs have a better selection than other D&Bs.

I was also told Zamzows now gets their chicks from the New Mexico hatchery Pivett or whatever the name was. The man at zamzows claims that the rate of roosters at dunlap is alot, plus when I called yesterday they said they were taking orders for april 22nd.

Back
Top Bottom