Idaho?

Pics
Quote:
I realize this is old, but I'm near Pocatello. Did you ever find anything out about our area?

Oh, Thank you Amanda0609. I did get some great information, but decided that I really did not want to move from Seattle, so I turned down the job. The Pocatello area seemed like it was very nice and it was tempting.
Just last week I worked with the person who got job and he is a nice guy with a lot of energy. That's what is needed there. He is mostly from warmer climes and was a little freaked about the cold winters. I gave him a heavy duster that I've only worn once (way too heavy for me) and lots of advice about winterizing and driving.

Imp

Quote:
I realize this is old, but I'm near Pocatello. Did you ever find anything out about our area?

Oh, Thank you Amanda0609. I did get some great information, but decided that I really did not want to move from Seattle, so I turned down the job. The Pocatello area seemed like it was very nice and it was tempting.
Just last week I worked with the person who got job and he is a nice guy with a lot of energy. That's what is needed there. He is mostly from warmer climes and was a little freaked about the cold winters. I gave him a heavy duster that I've only worn once (way too heavy for me) and lots of advice about winterizing and driving.

Imp

It is a nice place to live however at the moment I would love to be elsewhere. It is about -4 right now. We get both ends of the weather spectrum, super cold winter with lots of snow and very hot dry summers. Would you mind sharing the company you were thinking about? Or at least the type of job? I have always wanted to live in Seattle, I'm jealous.
tongue.png

Hello! We live in Pocatello and are new to BYC. We are picking up chicks in Firth on March 1st as well as receiving a few from MyPetChicken around the 1st as well. Raising chickens is new to us so we have been reading a lot and refurbishing an existing bullybarn. Wish us luck!
smile.png

Greetings from Idaho Falls, where it is now legal to have up to 6 layer hens!! I am looking for a local breeder of Jersey Giants (black, splash or blue) Marans (Cuckoo, black copper or splash) and Sussex (speckled). I do not want to order from a hatchery, so if anyone knows of a breeder in Idaho, Utah, Montana or Wyoming I would appreciate contact information!

Great to see so many chicken folk here!!

Back
Top Bottom