Idea using Garden Ark...your thoughts, please

Thank you so much for the heads up on pricing at local chains. I will definitely have to do some price comparisons before purchasing/ordering.

We have deer that come into the far back portion of our land, but have never come up closer to our house, where I had planned to put the moat. I am trying to decide if I can get away with slightly shorter fencing, or if the lure of a garden would tempt them into closer proximity. I am thinking the latter and will need to invest accordingly.

We're building the Garden Coop right now and finding it fairly straightforward. The instructions are well-written. My only complaint is that the list of required hardware was fairly ambiguous and didn't really match up with what was available at my local Lowe's. I wonder if he does that because he wants you to buy the hardware kit from him? Who knows, anyway, we improvised and I think it's going to work out fine.

I wanted to write a correction to my post above. I was just at Home Depot last night and saw all of the hardware pieces he specified, but in a different place. I was looking in the aisle with the Simpson Tie type products, near lumber, but it turns out that there are a lot more coop-sized parts in the aisle with the hinges and door hardware. So please ignore what I said about his list of parts being ambiguous. It was just that I was looking in the wrong place.

We're very close to being done with our Garden Coop and it's turning out great. We're very happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom