Ideal Bantam Special - guess the breeds/colors!

The new (replacement) chicks arrived yesterday and I went and picked up three today.So, here are updated pics of what's left from the original bunch, plus pics of the new three. It looks like I missed quite a few or need better pictures so I will try to get those tomorrow and update this post.

1. Deceased (illness?)

2. Deceased (killed)

3. Blue Cochin Bantam

4. OEGB

Coming soon

5. OEGB

6. Mottled Cochin

7. Red Cochin? (maybe not red!)

8. Deceased (illness)

9. Mottled Cochin

10. Black Cochin

11. Light Brahma Bantam

12. Bantam RIR

Coming soon

13. Golden Laced Cochin Bantam

Coming soon

Coming soon

Coming soon

18. Deceased (illness)

19. My Salmon Favorelle (she came with the original bunch but I didn't put a pic since I ordered her specifically and she's not a bantam)

20. Sultan

21. d'Uccle

22. OEGB

I'm disappointed there weren't any self blue OEGBs in the replacement batch but I'm happy I got a sultan!

I have had such bad luck with these chicks, which is shocking and disappointing considering how many chicks I have successfully raised this year. Out of 22 chicks, including the 3 replacements and the Salmon Faverolle, I am down to 14. So far I am already suspecting quite a few of those remaining are males, but I suppose that is okay because I can only have so large of a flock! lol

Here are some updated pics from today. The Sultan is two weeks old today and the rest are three weeks old today. A few of them look like slobbery dog toys from all the rain we've had.

5. Old English Game Bantam (female)

6. Mottled Cochin Bantam (male)

7. Partridge Cochin Bantam (female)

9. Mottled Cochin Bantam (male)

10. Black Cochin Bantam (male)

11. Light Brahma Bantam - I'm on the fence about this one. It is feather slow but Ideal's LBBs tend to do that. It doesn't act like the two males from my last batch.

13. Golden Laced Cochin Bantam (feathering rate seems female but attitude seems male)

14 and 15. Both White and/or Black tailed White Japanese .I can't really tell which was 14 and which was 15. Both are filthy! One of each sex.

16. ? I don't think this is Japanese or OEGB and it seems too light to bantam Buff Orpington but it definitely has a buff cast but not the patterning of #16 (female)

17. Black tailed Buff Japanese (female) She was looking poorly for a while so I put her in the house and she was joined by a Mille Fleur OEGB that I hatched. She has quite the Japanese tail already.

20. Sultan (female). Another filthy one lol

So cute!

I hope One of mine is a Japanese. I doubt it though. None have the tail up yet.

I was so happy to get one, and then suddenly at about a month old she died, no illness or symptoms
1f616.png

I couldn't get a picture of the Sultan yesterday because she was hiding, but here are the rest of the survivors except her and the second black cochin. The only females are the Old English Game Bantam, mottle Cochin bantam, White Laced Red Cornish bantam and the Sultan.

hit.gif
Sorry about so many losses.
I had a few myself, but it was my fault. A loose piece of duct tape . Never use duct tape in a brooder.
hit.gif

I sold 14 and I'm keeping 10 for a while. I'll sell the ones I don't like.

I wouldn't mind keeping some of the roosters. Well as long as their not nasty. My neighbors are hardly ever home. I have a good size area so it's not a issue. My issue is the chicken coop is full already lol.

Back
Top Bottom