Ideal Poultry?

Wolfefarmyard

Crowing
6 Years
Aug 18, 2017
Gansevoort, NY
I’m thinking of ordering some chicks in the spring from Ideal poultry. I’m wondering if anyone on here has ordered from there before. If so how was their service and what birds did you order? I would love to see pictures!

Thank you!:)

I have not personally ordered from Ideal Poultry, however, I have gotten ducklings from my local feed store who gets their birds from ideal. My two ducks are now full grown and very beautiful, healthy birds, although I have no experience with their chicks, so I’m not sure if you’d still like to see pictures, but thought I’d share. :D Good luck.

They are a major hatchery.
I KNOW some of my birds came from there but couldn't tell you which ones. I got my birds from a local feed store that orders from pretty much every hatchery.

I don't think they would be as big as they are if they were not good at what they do.

I have ordered many times from them over the past 11-12 years.
They have excellent customer service. Most times the chicks arrived fine. There have been a few losses once in a while especially in bad weather. Twice there were major losses , once we picked up a crushed box and once the post office kept my chicks through the weekend in very cold temps and they had been shipped on Wednesday. We should have had them Friday.
Both times Ideal made it right even though it was obviously not their fault. I ordered most recently this past June. I ordered 16 chicks, Cochins, EEs and Polish. All arrived healthy and have been very healthy. They left Ideal Wednesday and were at my post office in PA 7:30 Thursday morning. I have ordered many breeds from them over the years and have been happy with them. The only birds I wouldn't order again were the Silkies because they were poor quality. Almost no crests and foot feathering. They were very healthy though.
I will order from them again.

I have quite a bit of experience with them the past few years, and not necessarily good experience. You can read reviews for them on google, and I'm thinking all my issues with them, since they have been the past 3 years or so, have been due to a change in management that someone mentioned in a review. They do not breed for longevity, I can tell you that. I have several breeds from them from a year and a half ago, and every single one of these sweet girls has reproductive issues to the point that I can't eat their eggs, much less sell them. You have a lot of options for buying, and just based on my experience, I'd suggest you shop elsewhere.

No complaints here. I've ordered layers and bantams from them. The White Faced Black Spanish I got from them a few years ago could easily be show birds. Old English Game Bantams were a little big but patterns were good. Never got any DOA chicks.

They are one of the few commercial hatcheries that offers debeaking and de-winging of day old chicks and that is something I will not support.
Check out mypetchicken.com or Strombergs poultry.

I like my strombergs Australorp quite a lot. They have been good strong problem free birds.

I’m thinking of ordering some chicks in the spring from Ideal poultry. I’m wondering if anyone on here has ordered from there before. If so how was their service and what birds did you order? I would love to see pictures!

Thank you!:)

Where have you ordered from in the past, and what are your objectives with your flock? Eggs? Enjoyment? Meat? Do you have particular breeds in mind?

This kind of info might be helpful.

I have ordered many times from them over the past 11-12 years.
They have excellent customer service. Most times the chicks arrived fine. There have been a few losses once in a while especially in bad weather. Twice there were major losses , once we picked up a crushed box and once the post office kept my chicks through the weekend in very cold temps and they had been shipped on Wednesday. We should have had them Friday.
Both times Ideal made it right even though it was obviously not their fault. I ordered most recently this past June. I ordered 16 chicks, Cochins, EEs and Polish. All arrived healthy and have been very healthy. They left Ideal Wednesday and were at my post office in PA 7:30 Thursday morning. I have ordered many breeds from them over the years and have been happy with them. The only birds I wouldn't order again were the Silkies because they were poor quality. Almost no crests and foot feathering. They were very healthy though.
I will order from them again.

I would love to see some pictures!

Back
Top Bottom