Ideal Poultry

thinks i got 11 standards (leghorns and gold laced wyndotte) and then 9 bantams (japs and d'uccles) and i will be posting pics!!!!!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Cull can mean a lot of things to differant people, for some breeders they just sell they off or give away! I am a hobby breeder I show here and there, Sell chicks & eggs here and there. For me Culling just means I sell them, I can't keep them all as much as I would like too. they are all my pets and I get a lot of enjoyment out of raising the babys getting to watch them grow and play with them. I grow a garden for them, and bring lots of treats. I like how they all come and run to meet me! So being a breeder can mean alot of things for differant people they are not all evil people

Cull can mean a lot of things to differant people, for some breeders they just sell they off or give away! I am a hobby breeder I show here and there, Sell chicks & eggs here and there. For me Culling just means I sell them, I can't keep them all as much as I would like too. they are all my pets and I get a lot of enjoyment out of raising the babys getting to watch them grow and play with them. I grow a garden for them, and bring lots of treats. I like how they all come and run to meet me! So being a breeder can mean alot of things for differant people they are not all evil people

I never said they were all evil people and what I was stating about culling was a couple people were talking about( doing the chcikens in) to be polite about it. I have alot of friends that do show and breed and they love theirs just as much as I love mine and my mutt chickens and they would never do away with because they have to many. As you do they also give away what they can't keep. It was just upsetting to me to see these 2 people say how much they love their chickens but then turn around say they do away with the one that don't meet their standards. they were not talking about giving them away they were talking about last breathe for the chicks. It to me is sad.I also have a few silkies I got as eggs from breeders and hatched for myself .
I don't think all breeders are bad because I know most are not, but sad to say their are a few that are bad.

x2

Oh I see now ewe sheep, the x2 was at the cull comment. I do also understand that and I explained the couple people were not meaning the way pysco thought. The two people were as I was telling psyco meant it as to say that was the chicks last meal ever. That's why so sad to me.

I only cull like that as as a last resort, like the chick is servely deformed and suffering. I can't do it my self have to have hubby do it. But i cannot let a chick suffer either, I would not want to you know. I have heard people who cull just because wrong color or not what they are working towards. But I dont think most are like that

Back
Top Bottom