Ideal Poultry

Shall I call a moderator?
lau.gif
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Back to the topic at hand................

good one lol. Made me smile and that is always a good thing.
big_smile.png
I am very pleased with ideal poultry and I have my new replacements in with my week old chicks and all are doing fine. I have to say it might have helped the new ones, Kepping the small one warmer and the bigger ones showing them the food and water
yuckyuck.gif

Well, my bantam assortment is here!! I put them all in the temporary brooder box with water and the heat lamp on, so I didn't get a chance to check them out too much yet. I will post pics later!!! :) I am a little bummed because I think more than half of my assortment are silkies. I like silkies, but geez! LOL

Well, my bantam assortment is here!! I put them all in the temporary brooder box with water and the heat lamp on, so I didn't get a chance to check them out too much yet. I will post pics later!!! :) I am a little bummed because I think more than half of my assortment are silkies. I like silkies, but geez! LOL

Congrats on the babies.

sorry to hear that, I hope they sent you at least a few good ones, The silkies I got, I did get a few good ones and one is not so good but I love them all and they will look pretty in my yard this spring.I know the one is deff a rooster as it is alot bigger than the rest and always play fighting with my cochin rooster chick. Which I know is a roo because I ordered a roo for my standard cochin pulltes I already have. Can't wait for the pics and congrads on the arrival of your new chicks!!

They just came this morning, and none seem to like their picture taken. Here's what I got.

Is this 3 black cochins, a white silkie, buff silkie, and the other is a silkie, but what color?

These are the 2 I think are the buff and white from the above picture

Please don't tell me this is 14 partridge silkies... Could they be anything else with dark legs and 5 toes??

Another of the alleged partridge silkies

And these 6 I really just don't know. :)

They just came this morning, and none seem to like their picture taken. Here's what I got.

Is this 3 black cochins, a white silkie, buff silkie, and the other is a silkie, but what color?

These are the 2 I think are the buff and white from the above picture

Please don't tell me this is 14 partridge silkies... Could they be anything else with dark legs and 5 toes??

Another of the alleged partridge silkies

And these 6 I really just don't know. :)

The one unknown in the first picture could be a self blue(lav) or splash silkie, the other that look like chipmunks as I call them look like partridge and grey silkies, grey silkies also have the chipmunk color , they have a greyish tint and partridge or more brownish tint to the fuzz so if you have two different fuzz colors then you have both greys and parti's. I have both I got greys from ideal and I have a blue parti I hatched here from some eggs I got.

Not sure on the others but your black cochins are light brahmas
big_smile.png
I got a zillion of 'em in my assortment last year. I REALLY wanted lots of silkies and only got one and it was a rooster, blah lol oh and your top one on the last page looks like a golden laced sebright to me

Last edited:
Not sure on the others but your black cochins are light brahmas
big_smile.png
I got a zillion of 'em in my assortment last year. I REALLY wanted lots of silkies and only got one and it was a rooster, blah lol oh and your top one on the last page looks like a golden laced sebright to me

Hmmm, light brahmas.... So NO cochins? Even worse! LOL I thought the one dark guy looked like a sebright, but they don't have feathered legs I thought...

Back
Top Bottom