Ideal Poultry

The Spitzhaubens I got were almost the size of Leghorn chicks but 1/8 of the size of the red sex links. They do look a little more delicate but they will make up for size at maturity. They lay medium sized eggs, not large or jumbo eggs so it looks like the right size of egg they would be hatched out of.

they are very small but I don't know those breeds, hope they make it,I have a very tiny self blue (lav) silkie that I got for my replacements and I thought for sure it wouldn't make it because it was half the size of the other silkie chicks but it it doing great and growing like a weed.They are so very cute.

If you will go to a feed store and check and see if they use Ideal you can save some money on ordering different breeds. Ideal will charge you a handling fee for each breed ordered. They do not do that if ordered by a feed store. I have ordered from them VIA the feed store many times. Have never had a problem with Ideal. I now only have breeder quality chickens and do not get anything from the hatcheries.

I've seen CJs chicks and if they come from medium eggs there should have been a twin in every one of those eggs. These chicks are smaller than bantams at hatch.

I mean 1/8 less or as in "shorter" than the Red Sex Links. The chicks are more like Leghorn size when they hatched. They will make up for size and beauty at maturity.

The Breeder's Spitzhaubens (like Allenwranch and CarlaOK) their Spitzhaubens are a bit larger than Ideal's Spitzhaubens. They also lay larger eggs.

1/8 the size of red sex links? That's very small . . .

So the Norwegian Jaerhon experts say the eggs are big and the chicks should be equal in size to other LF day old chicks. The birds themselves don't grow as fast or as large, but there should not be a noticable difference at hatch.

I've lost 4 of the 7 replacements.
sad.png

I have a dozen d'uccles coming this Friday! I just can't get enough! And now with chick days starting at TSC.... Uh oh!!! LOL

OMG what colors did you get!!!!!!!I bought some assorted and i ended up with only 2 surviving that were a blue mille fleur pullet and a golden neck pullet. They are a week old! st run and assorted color! I have the other replacments coming on wednesday!

Back
Top Bottom