Ideal Poultry

OMG what colors did you get!!!!!!!I bought some assorted and i ended up with only 2 surviving that were a blue mille fleur pullet and a golden neck pullet. They are a week old! st run and assorted color! I have the other replacments coming on wednesday!

I ordered 2 Blue Mille Fleur, 2 Self Blue, 4 Porcelain, and 4 Golden Neck. I should have gotten Mille Fleurs too, but I figured I would find them at TSC. Yours are only a week old and you can tell they are pullets?? Is there a secret to this??

mom2munckins- got my millies from rural king(farm store) chick days also which I just 3 and I got 2 last year and happened to get a rooster and a pullet. I don't know if I lucked out but what I did was get a dark one which turned out to be a rooster and a light one which turned out to be the pullet. I don't know if it was a fluke but the ones I got a few days ago I got a dark and 2 lighter ones hoping for a roo and 2 pullets. I am keeping my fingers crossed that's how but from reading up on them they come in dark and light shades as chicks.

I wish my TSC had the bantams sorted. ANY bantams they have are put into one bin and labeled "Assorted Bantams" I hope that this year I am little more educated, so I will kind of know what I'm getting. I have a Murray McMurray colored catalog. I thought about bringing it with me so I could compare pics at TSC. LOL

My next order from Ideal comes Friday. I need to fight the urge to keep ordering more!! AHHH!

My order should be shipped tomorrow :) It's for 8 silkies and hopefully a bunch of packing peanuts ;)

Mine ships tomorrow too. 12 d'uccles and I'm sure there will be peanuts. I will probably put them on CL for free though. I wish they used bantam peanuts, LOL At least then you have a 50/50 chance of females! LOL

Mine ships tomorrow too. 12 d'uccles and I'm sure there will be peanuts. I will probably put them on CL for free though. I wish they used bantam peanuts, LOL At least then you have a 50/50 chance of females! LOL

I plan to keep the peanuts, they are going to be used as our meat birds. I also have 8 more meat birds coming from Meyer and 8 layers and 1 extra roo to keep. They are in the mail right now, I wish the usps would update their tracing more than once a day.

I got a tracking number from ideal but it never showed where they were until the day I got them. Our farm store does the bantams in one bin as well but they order from townline and they almost always send millies,both golden and silver seabrights and old english bantams. so it's easy for me to find the milies as they are the only feathered legged ones they carry.All but the mystery chick I got and I think it's a gold neck booted bantam as it is beardless, but really I have no clue just yet. Someone on another thread thought it might be a bantam cochin but according to townline they don't carry cochins.guess time will tell.please post some pics of the d'uccles chicks please so I can compare my mystery chick lol.

I have heard that the Upstate NY TSCs get them from Mt Healthy?? And I don't even see bantams really listed on their site, so IDK. I am hoping I get the ones I want. In the past I have gotten OEGB, Mille Fleur D'uccles, Silkies, and Sebrights from TSC as bantams. I suppose I could just make another order from Ideal, but I can't resist TSC chicks anyway. LOL I am hoping I can pick out my own chicks at TSC. Last year they put them behind panels and wouldn't even let you pick your own. :/

I have heard that the Upstate NY TSCs get them from Mt Healthy?? And I don't even see bantams really listed on their site, so IDK. I am hoping I get the ones I want. In the past I have gotten OEGB, Mille Fleur D'uccles, Silkies, and Sebrights from TSC as bantams. I suppose I could just make another order from Ideal, but I can't resist TSC chicks anyway. LOL I am hoping I can pick out my own chicks at TSC. Last year they put them behind panels and wouldn't even let you pick your own. :/

TSC did that to me too! I've always picked my own and never got cockerels by doing so. And the one time I really wanted to pick my own (EEs), they didn't let me.

I'm planning to order from Ideal this spring... They've got the standard WLR Cornish I've been wanting.

Back
Top Bottom