Ideal Poultry

I can tell because the females always have the longest wing feathers and the males and way shorter ones.

I have heard that also , Wish it worked for silkies but they feather in so different than regular feathered birds, I hope it does work for D' uclles as I was using that method also and if so I got 2 pullets and one roo. I know you can do that on the cochins and on cochins the tail feathers on the males don't grow as fast as females. I will have to google and do some research.

Hmmm, I think I have one that looks like that... I have one that I thought was a Mille Fleur D'uccle. But it is much darker than yours, so maybe thats not what mine is.... How old are yours in this pic??

Hmmm, I think I have one that looks like that... I have one that I thought was a Mille Fleur D'uccle. But it is much darker than yours, so maybe thats not what mine is.... How old are yours in this pic??

2 weeks I believe. maybe a little less than that. I got them from the farm store bantam bin.I took the pic this morning. the pic with the 3 chicks are the millies. Just this one I have no idea it's a mystery. no beard bigger than the millie but still bantam size .

these are the millie chicks, they are the same age as my mystery chick. got them all the same time. The mystery chick has somewhat same markings but it has no beard and is bigger than these millies and color is so different .Maybe my mystery chick is a mutant d'uccle lol.

Ok, mine are only a week old today. I was nervous that they weren't growing quick enough. LOL None of my TSC have gotten bantams... But my d'uccles come tomorrow, so hopefully that will keep me away from TSC LOL

the picture of the 3 chicks are regular millies as it might be the camera and light but they have light brown feathers with black . the single chick picture the mystery chick if thats the one you talking about it might be possible as the feathers are a grayish light something with black. But d'uccles have beards and the mystery chick does not. It could be some color of booted bantam, I am still scouring the web trying to find out what it is . I have found nothing myself. maybe it's a mixed of booted and d'uccles . I am at a loss at this point lol.

I just got my silkies this morning plus the 6 packing peanuts that were sent. All are alive and well. I'm in Wisconsin and a snow storm just came thru yestarday, and I still got my order in 2 days.

Back
Top Bottom