If I decided to sell, would anyone be interested in buying Ayam Cemanis?

They're very common down in Florida. They're really not much more expensive than Orpingtons or RIR here. I would recommend checking your local craigslist before getting this breed with the intention of making money
Okay thank you! I live in Tennessee, so they aren’t common but I don’t know what to price them at. I appreciate any thoughts! Thanks again.

They're very common down in Florida. They're really not much more expensive than Orpingtons or RIR here. I would recommend checking your local craigslist before getting this breed with the intention of making money
This is such a general statement it’s hard to believe it to be remotely accurate. Sure there are probably a bunch of black chickens there people try to peddle as pure Ayam Cemani but I bet 99% are nowhere close. The true AC are nearly impossible to find let alone “not much more expensive than Orpingtons or RIR”. Just stating facts. The craziness and misinformation about these birds is insane and there will always be people chiming in on threads about them with the same vitriol as those with TDS. This member is asking serious questions, let’s not muddy it up with generalizations.

For anyone who doesn’t know, ayam cemanis are a rare breed whom are black inside and out, including organs. They are showbirds, only laying about 170 eggs a year. Their eggs are light tan, happy birds with a good temperament. They don’t breed true, but mine would be high quality for anyone in Tennessee. I am willing to go through measures to sell them, anyone who may be interested in this rare breed. If you are interested in some for the future, let me know and a price you would think about for eggs, chicks, pullets, and even adult hens.
I can’t afford the true AC but I’d pay $30-50 a bird for clean black chicks from clean black breeders. The problem arises in getting to that point. Greenfire Farms supposedly has true AC line and they aren’t cheap but definitely not thousands of dollars.

I can’t afford the true AC but I’d pay $30-50 a bird for clean black chicks from clean black breeders. The problem arises in getting to that point. Greenfire Farms supposedly has true AC line and they aren’t cheap but definitely not thousands of dollars.
we all breeding a new line right now, true AC. I would have to discuss with my parents but if you are interested and all goes well with breeding we my be able to sell at that price, since it is so early on. Though they wouldnt be ready until winter, most likely.

Back
Top Bottom