If I have pips, can I stop worrying about airflow/oxygen?

ChicknCharm

Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
Alpine
We are testing a mini-fridge-heater combo type thing for an incubator. There is another thread running, I willl update from this. If we have three pips today on day 19.5...does that mean our airflow and oxygen is healthy? Thank you for your help. I did not find specifics on airflow/oxygen when incubating. I am concerned for the old warning "never hide in an old fridge...you will suffocate". Thank you!
hmm.png
This unit has been used alot for reptiles, I'm doing chicks.

Last edited:
How can I know if we have enough oxygen? Yikes! Would they have developed this far without an adequate amount?

Hi All! I went ahead and drilled two quarter inch holes in the front door...towards the top as the eggs are on the top shelf. I put medical tubing through the holes as the front door has two sheets of plexi-glass. I was worried about that area in between filling with cold air and overloading the entire unit. We are at four pips, lots of peeps, and a few wiggles. Thank you!

We drilled holes in our fridgabator. Ventilation is most important at the end when they start "breathing" air.

Do you think two quarter inch holes are enough? Also, I have the tubing going through and reaching far into unit (prob. about 5 inches). Is that a good enough passage for enough oxygen? I figured it did not take much. Gracias Again!

Back
Top Bottom