"If their is no rooster how do your hens lay eggs" ?

How many times have you been asked, "If their is no rooster how do your hens lay eggs" ?

• Never.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One or two times.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Five to ten times.

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Ten to twenty times.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've been asked this question so many times I've stoped counting.

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bigwig

Songster
5 Years
Jan 8, 2015
NC
Often when I am talking to non-chicken people about my chickens they will always ask, "Do you have a rooster"? When I say no they usually looked shocked and then ask suspiciously,"If their is no rooster how do your hens lay eggs"

How many times have you been asked this question? Cast your vote it the poll above.

Last edited:
One of my friends were so confused when I was explaining that you don't need a rooster for your hen to lay eggs and if you have a rooster it doesn't make they eggs a chick but the possibility of being one.
th.gif

Its even worse when they start telling you their opinions about how to raise chickens even though they don't know a thing!
D.gif

Last edited:
My MIL didn't believe me when I told her I was going to be able to get eggs without having a rooster. Her reasoning? They always had a rooster on the farm she grew up on. I offered to look it up online so she could read it herself but she wouldn't. She closed the subject by telling my husband I was "a lunatic".
lau.gif

Well, I must be crazy because I've had chickens almost 2 years and been getting plenty of eggs without every having had a rooster.

They must be miracle eggs!

If and when I'm asked the question I just remind them that even human females continue to 'lay' an egg every 28ish days with or without a male around, it usually leaves them with a dumbfounded look...

Yep, that's the perfect answer
thumbsup.gif

My MIL didn't believe me when I told her I was going to be able to get eggs without having a rooster. Her reasoning? They always had a rooster on the farm she grew up on. I offered to look it up online so she could read it herself but she wouldn't. She closed the subject by telling my husband I was "a lunatic".
lau.gif

Well, I must be crazy because I've had chickens almost 2 years and been getting plenty of eggs without every having had a rooster.

They must be miracle eggs!
That's to funny!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom