If you could only have ONE breed?

Barred rock defininintly, my new chick might be a barrred rock, and it's on my lap. My past barred rocks (maizy and rosebud) were so perfect! If not a barred rock, I would choose a silkie(blue or white)

This is such a difficult question but I think it would have to be either the Orps or the Brahmas as both breeds are stunning to look at and are the lap dogs of the chicken world....big, beautiful, gentle giants. Percy, the Orp cockerel in my avatar, would sit in my lap, almost purring with pleasure while I gently scratched up under his wings or stroked his comb and wattles. If I dared enter the pen without paying him attention, he would follow me around, gently pulling at my trousers and giving me a little sideways headbutt that said 'love me please'. Then I'd sit down and he would immediately settle himself in my lap, rubbing his head and neck against my leg until I gave him a good cuddle session :love:love:love

20190421_151957(0).jpg
This is such a difficult question but I think it would have to be either the Orps or the Brahmas as both breeds are stunning to look at and are the lap dogs of the chicken world....big, beautiful, gentle giants. Percy, the Orp cockerel in my avatar, would sit in my lap, almost purring with pleasure while I gently scratched up under his wings or stroked his comb and wattles. If I dared enter the pen without paying him attention, he would follow me around, gently pulling at my trousers and giving me a little sideways headbutt that said 'love me please'. Then I'd sit down and he would immediately settle himself in my lap, rubbing his head and neck against my leg until I gave him a good cuddle session :love:love:love

I hope my little silver laced Orp Guin is this lovely as an adult, she is already the cuddle bug of the group and loves to sit in your lap and be stroked.

Back
Top Bottom