If you have a dog.....

We have 2 french bulldogs. One completely ignores the chickens and the other is much more rambunctious but she's focused on squirrels. Worst thing she does is play 'bowling for chickens'. Runs through a group and scatters them.

Let's see....
I have an english bulldog who can't be bothered with running (so would never chase the chickens)! He's been in their yard with me and likes to walk around and sniff them.
...and a boston terrier with a high prey drive (I would never trust him)

Our bulldog "Diesel"
54290_looking_distinguished.jpg

Diesel, and the kitty (who can't get enough of him!)
54290_march_005.jpg

Our boston "Milo" (looking sweet and inocent)
54290_march_028.jpg

I've got an Aussie, and she's great with my birds. She's a good girl, and will only lay there and whine if she's being bothered by something they're doing. She's getting old now, but when she was younger she was a great help rounding them up.

I see lots of Aussies and border collies. I really do think it is a matter of training but there are obvious breeds that I just think you are asking for trouble with.

Quote:
Just discovered this ourselves....no more puppy kisses
sickbyc.gif

there is some powder you can get at the vet that you feed to the dog to keep it from eating its OWN poop, and i think you can feed it to your cat to keep your dog from eating the cat poop....wonder if you can feed it to chickens...

Quote:
Just discovered this ourselves....no more puppy kisses
sickbyc.gif

there is some powder you can get at the vet that you feed to the dog to keep it from eating its OWN poop, and i think you can feed it to your cat to keep your dog from eating the cat poop....wonder if you can feed it to chickens...

What do you mean?! Chicken poop is a delicacy...according to my frenchies. I'm assuming we don't have a problem with salmonella or they have stomachs of iron. Needless to say we don't appreciate the frenchie kisses.

I want to be the cat snuggling with Diesel. That is one HANDSOME dog!!! I just love his look! And the tongue...too precious.

Back
Top Bottom