I'll awnser your questions!

The small coop is in its own run already. But I will leave Betsy in the large run. She sat on the eggs on and off all day. Our high temp was 80 today. As it cools off over the next few days I hope she sits more.

http://blog.mypetchicken.com/2012/02/01/what-is-a-broody-hen/ your hen might not even be broody. Here are some ways to see if she is. If she is go to part 2 at the bottom. It is the last sentance of the last paragraph. Hope it helps.
thumbsup.gif
she might give you
jumpy.gif

UPDATE: My Red Ranger hen that was showing signs of being egg bound. I figured out she wasnt after she was still alive 5 days later. I actually had her to the vets today as she was not improving, and to my dismay I was told she had Merak's. She was put down at that time due to that fact that she was suffering and there is no cure
hit.gif
. Such an awful day it was today.

UPDATE: My Red Ranger hen that was showing signs of being egg bound. I figured out she wasnt after she was still alive 5 days later. I actually had her to the vets today as she was not improving, and to my dismay I was told she had Merak's. She was put down at that time due to that fact that she was suffering and there is no cure:hit . Such an awful day it was today.
Sorry to hear about your loss. I had a bitty hen with genetic problems. She passed about 10 days after I bought her. It always makes me sad when any of my critters die.

Back
Top Bottom