Illegal Chickens?

Im pretty sure I am not allowed to have ANY!!!
barnie.gif
But oh well! I have a flock of 23 and my roosters crow all day and night. As long as the neighbors dont mind, noone even knows they are here
thumbsup.gif
And since most of the neighbors also have chickens, I am not worried about it!

I have to say this thread actually scares me a little.

Our regs say I can only have 6 hens. I have 6 hens, but quickly realizing if ALL my hens lay every day, I still will have to buy eggs.

But I have really nice neighbors.... so I am really tempted to get a "few" more.... Now how many a "few" will be????

smile.png

Chickenfanatic447: Hello Officer: you have 7 chickens when can only keep 3 . Chickenfanatic : Hey how about i give you a free dozen of eggs now you run a long now o look a j walker go get him Bye . officer: bye

Last edited:
Well you see chicken policeman...the INITIAL 3 are all I really have...the others are for insurance purposes....You always need back-up plans
wink.png

wow, you guys are crazy. I've had several visits from the chicken cops over the last couple years. Most of the time, the first visit is a warning that there was a complaint and to appraise you of your legal limits.

Then you are given a bit of a grace period to conform to the law.

Then they come check again to make sure you are in compliance.

If you still aren't, you are allowed to appeal.

If the appeal fails, you are given another grace period to come into compliance.

If you still aren't compliant, they will come and do what needs to be done to bring you into compliance and they will charge you for it. They will also charge fee's at this point plus late fees.

This is for King County, Washington State anyway, I imagine it's the same most places.

Posting illegal activity in on-line forums is generally a bad idea though, even though I wont tell and you wont tell, there's trolls on here that will.

GL With all your Illegal Chickens though, they certainly taste the best.
smile.png
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom