illegal to hatch canadian goose eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason the law covers all is because otherwise people would always claim to be "finding" these eggs. If you have to pay a fine regardless of the excuse for possessing the eggs, they amazingly tend not to get "found" quite as often. Funny how that works.

I got a humidifier going 24/7 next to my incubator,..which is homemade,..I can post a pic,..There are allot of Canadian geese 2 miles away at the community college pond,..they come and go,..

Just be careful, and I would have done the same thing if I found goose eggs, or some sort of injured animal that needed my help. Law or no law, compassion for me is a must.

honestly who cares. sometimes there is a difference between what is morally right and what is legally right. You should always do what is morally right, hatch those eggs

Last edited:
Dont know about goose eggs, but my dogs found some Woodcock and some Turkey eggs .....sooo......... ummmm I stopped them from eating all of them! Uhemmm!

In Australia feral mallards are crossbreding with our wild ducks specifically pacific black ducks. And apparently there are no pure ones left or something. I’ve seen two Mallard drakes, and I would catch them but in my Australian duck book it says that you need a permit or something to gather eggs and/or catch wild Mallards. I’m kinda lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom