Illinois...

It's hard not to handle these cuties and make them pets... But I will not even try. They need to stay wild so when we march them to the lakefront they will survive without me/us. There are four in the picture and at least two more under momma. There were seven eggs. Last year the same, and all hatched. Last year 6 of them made it to the harbor.

I thought so too!!!! It's funny that birds with such hard beaks can look like they have expressions. Her and the dad have accepted me as a flock member. After we moved them to the harbor last year, I would pop in and see them after a few weeks for a couple of months. The goslings would come over and hang for a little while. We moved them before they could fly, so they wouldn't try to nest on the rooftop. It wouldn't be able to handle more than one nesting couple. We fed them dandelion leaves & scratch mix. Hoping this year will go as good as it did last year.

@Junibutt She is the largest hen I have, a Partridge Brahma. We originally only had 18 under her and she "collected" 10 more by the time I got in there to mark them the next day. I marked them all by numbering them 1-28 and when we went to candle them, she or one of the reckless Leghorns had broken one.

This is her at about 8-10 weeks old.

Wow she is big but I don't think any hen can do justice to 28 eggs. So I would suggest the sooner you can take away the unsure eggs the better so that the rest can get proper heat.

[/IMG]Due to unfortunate circumstances we might Ben having to get rid of our coop and girls. They are fantastic and laying like crazy but we have a neighbor that's 1000% anti chicken. Is anyone looking for a good handmade coop and 6 girls? (3 Americana 2 white brahma and 1 Barred Rock) all girls are under 2.5 years old. Send me a message!

Last edited:
Anyone Willing To Sell A Couple Laying Hens? Near Chicago?

[/URL]Due to unfortunate circumstances we might Ben having to get rid of our coop and girls. They are fantastic and laying like crazy but we have a neighbor that's 1000% anti chicken. Is anyone looking for a good handmade coop and 6 girls? (3 Americana 2 white brahma and 1 Barred Rock) all girls are under 2.5 years old. Send me a message!
I dont even charge for my FINDER services..................
D.gif

[/URL]Due to unfortunate circumstances we might Ben having to get rid of our coop and girls. They are fantastic and laying like crazy but we have a neighbor that's 1000% anti chicken. Is anyone looking for a good handmade coop and 6 girls? (3 Americana 2 white brahma and 1 Barred Rock) all girls are under 2.5 years old. Send me a message!
What kind of coop?

Back
Top Bottom