Illinois...

Quote:
Hey neighbor. I thought I was the furthest south but you have me beat.

I thought the same thing. Glad to know there are some of us down here finding the site. Welcome and be careful, it's addictive. lol

Thanks for the welcome, yes I see what you mean about being addictive. I haven't even gotten any chickens yet just been doing some research on them and already getting addicted. I am suppose to be working right now but I keep finding myself back here reading different articles. My wife is beginning to think I'm crazy also (even more so than usual that is). Anyway I look forward to reading more and talking to everyone more in the future.
smile.png

anyone in Illinois have an old or extra Incubator that works and you are no longer needing. I was going to get a new one for Christmas, but it looks like things will be too tight for a new one this year. I don't need anything big or fancy....just one that works...egg turner would be nice...nut I can live without one.

I have a friend that has them but not sure if she sold them or still has a few left. She said they were not hardy birds, when they get wet, they would die from hypothermia and no matter what efforts she put into them and gave them best feeds and so forth, they would die or difficulty to keep weight on.

They are goreous!

I am going to see if I know of anyone yet having any.

HI All,
I am a WI person but was on the Rockford Craigslist, I found this coop for a 100 near Roscoe, and thought any one in the area might be interested.
I have a friend that has a whole one of these and LOVES it!! uses it for her hens.
http://rockford.craigslist.org/grd/2072291538.html
There are pics of it via the link
Chicken/Pigeon Coupe - $100 (Roscoe)
Date: 2010-11-21, 9:57AM CST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a portable building for sale. It needs paint and some repair, but is usable. We may be able to help load it on your trailer. Dimensions are 14 ft. long and 8 ft. wide.

Hope this can help some one.

Carol​

And I found this one for 50 dollars..
Again I hope this can help some one.
http://rockford.craigslist.org/grd/2072500926.html
LARGE CHICKEN COOP - $50 (HARMON IL)
Date: 2010-11-21, 11:56AM CST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

MY HUBBY BUILT FOR OUR CHICKENS 5 YRS AGO.. IT HAS TO BE HAULED ON CAR TRAILOR. IT NEEDS SOME FLOOR FIXED,UNLESS YOU PUT STRAIGHT ON GROUND. IT HAS SEPERATE OPENING FOR YOU TO GATHER EGGS SO YOU DONT HAVE TO GO INSIDE TO COLLECT THE EGGS.. 815 718 2653​

I am planning on ordering some chicks from Urch Turnland Poultry in January and was wondering if anybody else wanted to split an order. I have a full list of what they have and can post it if you want.

Back
Top Bottom