Illinois...

Hello to all chicagoland and western suburbs ,the backyard chicken movement is going strong, keep it up so that we can all enjoy backyard eggs,I live in Streamwood ,Il and have tried to have backyard chickens,but the village keeps making me get rid of them ,Its time to change the ordinance so that we can enjoy fresh laid eggs!I have seen other villages around here allowing chickens ,so I think its time for my town to allow them,we need help ,we need to unite and BYC is the place to do it!

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and live in West Chicago - unincorporated DuPage County. I'm looking for suggestions of local places to find baby chicks... We've just moved here and would like to get 8-10. Our local feed store has them - they order from somewhere - but prices last year were $3.99 per chick. Does this seem normal to you?

Yep, that's normal price for hatchery chicks. If you get some breeders or exhibition quality chicks, they usually go for four to seven dollars a piece depending on the breed.

Quote:
If you wind up with a rooster, your subsequent chicks are free.

If you need a rooster, pm me, we're close by!

And
welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
Yup, me! I live north of Rockford, right on the WI border.
frow.gif

Welcome.

I'm in between both of you.

5 min from Sherin Wis. 15 from Lake Geneva on the Il. side

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Yup, me! I live north of Rockford, right on the WI border.
frow.gif

Welcome.

I'm in between both of you.

5 min from Sherin Wis. 15 from Lake Geneva on the Il. side

thumbsup.gif

Howdy, neighbor!!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom