I'm a Mystery

TomMN1

In the Brooder
9 Years
Dec 3, 2010
Inver Grove Heights
Hi everyone...I have a few chicks I needs some confirmation with. All were hatched 6 weeks ago from various batches of eggs.

1.) Is he a RIR?
73109_dsc01647.jpg

2.) She's a mystery. Came from a mystery batch of eggs. My guess is a mutt of some sort, but would like help identifying what she could possibly be.
73109_dsc01640.jpg

3.) Is she an Australorp? She looks like my other ones, but she's smaller than the rest. And has bad toes that I neglected to notice until too late. Don't judge me.
smile.png

73109_dsc01636.jpg

4.) I think he's another Aussie. Confirmation?
73109_dsc01634.jpg

Thanks all.

I'm no expert but my guess is RIR on the first (and maybe a roo buy the size of that comb). I believe the second is a Buff Orphington. Does the third have white on it's neck, and is a bantam 'cause it does look kinda small, and is the last one gray or black? I was going to say BA on the last but it kinda looks gray and they are black.

1st is a Rhode Island Red, yes.

2nd looks like a Buff Oprington.

3rd and 4th look like Australorps. Either that or Black Minorca. I always get those two mixed up...

The first doesn't truly look like a RIR, but more safely a Production Red.

Buff orpington.

The last two aren't Australorps. Aussies have black feet - and I think Minorcas do too. So, I'm going to guess mutts - perhaps aussie crosses.

I believe the feet are black - just a bad picture. I'll see if I can get better pictures to confirm when I get home from work tonight.

Back
Top Bottom