I'm back, again.

xoxocammyxoxo

Chirping
9 Years
Dec 14, 2010
Tacoma, WA
I've probably posted something like this in the past saying I'm back again. So much has changed in the four years since I joined this site and these forums and oh my gosh! Let me catch up.

When I joined this site I was looking into information on animals, spent a lot of time in the library and reading information. Unfortunately the man I was with at the time was, not very nice, and I packed up a car and moved 325 miles away to get away from him. My life changed for a little while, I lost my way for a while and tried catching up with life and ugh it was horrible. I found my way back to Buckley in late 2011 and tried to ground but it didn't work until I started dating a man I'd been friends with at that time for three years. I became pregnant with the most precious of gifts and the rose covered glasses fell off.

This last year, late in the year I started shutting myself off from a lot of negative people.... leaches if you will. I found out that I'd been taken advantage by a lot of people and a lot of people were influencing my decisions in life. Since that's gone on things have gotten better, a lot better. Right now we live in a three bedroom house with my aunt and cousin but they will be moving so for the first time in seven years, I'll be in my own place with my family. I've started a small business breeding colubrid snakes (corn snakes, rat snakes, etc.) to focus on my love of genetics and also breeding food for reptiles which serve multiple purposes. The earthworms do the compost, meal worms I sell for chickens, same with the crickets and super worms. Life has gotten better.

Lately I've been thinking about self sustaining again. We live in the city right now but the plan to move back to the country as soon as we can. The major scare though was this last Monday. I work part time at Wal-mart and was in the break room on my lunch when I overheard that there was no produce truck today because they didn't have enough. Of course now it's back to normal but just the one day... I know the reality of over population and everything.... but it's pushed me back into prioritizing this need to learn how to do these things I've wanted to do for years.

I look forward to meeting you all again. I've missed being here.

Sometime life takes us down those rutty dirt roads that require 4-wheel drive determination to drive through. Don't be afraid to use low gear to get rid of those low lifes holding you down. Dig in, get out, and leave 'em behind.

Glad you returned to the flock.

I've probably posted something like this in the past saying I'm back again. So much has changed in the four years since I joined this site and these forums and oh my gosh! Let me catch up.

When I joined this site I was looking into information on animals, spent a lot of time in the library and reading information. Unfortunately the man I was with at the time was, not very nice, and I packed up a car and moved 325 miles away to get away from him. My life changed for a little while, I lost my way for a while and tried catching up with life and ugh it was horrible. I found my way back to Buckley in late 2011 and tried to ground but it didn't work until I started dating a man I'd been friends with at that time for three years. I became pregnant with the most precious of gifts and the rose covered glasses fell off.

This last year, late in the year I started shutting myself off from a lot of negative people.... leaches if you will. I found out that I'd been taken advantage by a lot of people and a lot of people were influencing my decisions in life. Since that's gone on things have gotten better, a lot better. Right now we live in a three bedroom house with my aunt and cousin but they will be moving so for the first time in seven years, I'll be in my own place with my family. I've started a small business breeding colubrid snakes (corn snakes, rat snakes, etc.) to focus on my love of genetics and also breeding food for reptiles which serve multiple purposes. The earthworms do the compost, meal worms I sell for chickens, same with the crickets and super worms. Life has gotten better.

Lately I've been thinking about self sustaining again. We live in the city right now but the plan to move back to the country as soon as we can. The major scare though was this last Monday. I work part time at Wal-mart and was in the break room on my lunch when I overheard that there was no produce truck today because they didn't have enough. Of course now it's back to normal but just the one day... I know the reality of over population and everything.... but it's pushed me back into prioritizing this need to learn how to do these things I've wanted to do for years.

I look forward to meeting you all again. I've missed being here.
WOW, maybe now you can start you veggie garden and a small chicken coop. Hope all works out for you. Welcome.

Sometime life takes us down those rutty dirt roads that require 4-wheel drive determination to drive through. Don't be afraid to use low gear to get rid of those low lifes holding you down. Dig in, get out, and leave 'em behind.

Glad you returned to the flock.

Thank you. I'm glad to be back. In just the two days I've been working outside with the dirt getting it ready for a small garden I feel so much better. Thinking about getting a couple bunnies to help with the grass in the yard because I can't really have anything big in this rental.

WOW, maybe now you can start you veggie garden and a small chicken coop. Hope all works out for you. Welcome.

I started some seeds in those little greenhouse trays yesterday along with planting some strawberries and garlic in containers. Most of my gardening will have to be containers except this one area that I'm currently trying to work through and clean up for an actual garden. Because it's a rental I'm kinda limited on what I can and can't do. I might be able to get away with some chickens.

Welcome back to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock and I'm glad things are turning around for you. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Welcome back to BYC!
frow.gif

I'm happy to hear that life is turning more positive for you.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom