White clumps in hens throat (picture)

Amphitecna

Chirping
Aug 7, 2023
France- 29
Hello everyone. I was giving one of my hens some meds this evening and noticed some white bodies in her throat. We did not notice this in our other two birds.

Could this be a yeast infection? If so what do I do? The vet is closed for 2 days, and soonest appointment I could get is in 10 days, but I will try to call on Monday to get something sooner.

If its not a yeast infection, what do you all think? Should I panic?

Incidentally we took another one of our birds to the vet today. He saw some evidence of worms, gave us de-wormers for the three of them. If its not yeast, will that pill do the trick?

Photos are grainy. It was quite a job getting them!

Thanks in advance for all your sage advice.
20240518_222759.jpg 20240518_222809.jpg

Did not notice an odor. Shes sleeping now. Ill have a look with that in mind tomorrow. The pix are bad, but that is what it looks like. I'd describe it as looking like piles of mealy bugs (that you get on houseplants), but in her throat.

It is down in the back of her throat, not in her mouth. But if it is canker, I wonder if the worming meds the vet gave will do the job. (If "worming" is shorthand for parasites)....

Did not notice an odor. Shes sleeping now. Ill have a look with that in mind tomorrow. The pix are bad, but that is what it looks like. I'd describe it as looking like piles of mealy bugs (that you get on houseplants), but in her throat.

It is down in the back of her throat, not in her mouth. But if it is canker, I wonder if the worming meds the vet gave will do the job. (If "worming" is shorthand for parasites)....
Worms are parasites. I know that different meds treat different worms so it is not a one-for-all type situation. Your vet may be able to answer that or perhaps a search her on BYC for canker treatment.

Back
Top Bottom