I'm In Rooster-Love Today...Photogenic boys

Cyn there are some GOOD pics of the EEs on the main album

http://s520.photobucket.com/albums/w328/walkswithdog/Chickens may 09/

He shows less blue barring than his sister. I'm afraid both black barred EEs are boys. sigh. One tufts one not.

Tinker's pic is lost in there somewhere as well but all the black barred ones(EE's, BA/BR, and BR) are roughly the same age and size and I get all confuddled...

I can tell Tinker by her comb and one twisted feather. I can tell Wrongway because I banded her early and she always comes when called. LOL I can tell Ponder cuz she's in the house AGAIN.

But that's about it. Taking photos they all look the same unless I manage a close up.

Led by the very weird Sizzle Menagerie. Including the blue laced and red, single comb smooth sizzle and the even odder blue Frilkie. I hope she grows a topknot, otherwise that is one HOMELY chicken. Of course the two with the best topknots just look like feather dusters.

I wish Vino were a girl but I'm betting on ROO. I'm pretty sure the blue laced and red is a boy. I think the Splash is a boy. I dunno about the others, color me puzzled.

Tomorrow I build a coop/pen for the Dels and the bigger Turkey Poults.

That'll teach them poults they aren't so big.

The barred EEs were definitely an experiment. Hard to say how much truly visible barring any one of them will have, though, genetics dictates that all of them will have it to some degree. You can see it on the head/hackle and the sickle feathers the most. Very attractive, I think.

It really shows in the pullet's tail, and on his hackles. She's a sweet thing, likes to sit on my head. They may make some darker babies, gonna have to see.

The male Del with the best comb may be considering himself too big for his britches. He bears watching. I think he may be showing me he's related to Jake. He crowed today, it sounded more like a rooster singing, nice voice he has. So now he's Elvis but he's soup if he's mean. LOL.

The second boy with the many points, is broader, better marked on his shoulders and just bigger over all, he'll stay my backup even if I get one boy from you.

I kept all the largest pullets only one of which has any greenish to her legs at all but she would be the BIGGEST one. Figures.
I actually got a couple of the hatchery girls with decent color, surprisingly, but they're still growing so I'm uncertain to their ultimate size. A much larger percentage of the hatchery stock is pale or greenish legged.

Hugs and be well
Kiss the boys for me.

Quote:
Yeah
hmm.png
I know . . . . they told me when I got there. . . been having sleep issues that have been getting worse, goin for a sleep study tonight YAY !!!!!! I remember Lana saying something about how she was going to be getting some dels from you
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yeah
hmm.png
I know . . . . they told me when I got there. . . been having sleep issues that have been getting worse, goin for a sleep study tonight YAY !!!!!! I remember Lana saying something about how she was going to be getting some dels from you
big_smile.png

My sleep issues have everything to do with PUPPY and POULTRY. If I'd stop incubating I'd get more sleep. LOL. And MAC has been an...... interesting puppy. But becoming an awesome watch dog!!! So I will take the trials and tribulations. Sorry I missed you. Hope you get to where you can sleep, sleep some for me.

Want a turkey?

hehehehe hrmmm..........I don't have a turkey . . . . don't know if I have somewhere I can home one either ROFL

Can I get back to you on that one??
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom