I'm knew at this please help

tishl

In the Brooder
Jan 27, 2016
I bought a Chinese incubator on eBay for $50. It holds 48 eggs. I collected the 48 eggs I have done tons of reach and ask many questions to other peopl that I know who has incubated eggs. The elder people say they never had a humidity gauge just kept water in it and kept it 99*.. BUT This incubator is celcius I have maintained the temp of 37*c but the humidity has never read want I wanted it too. Or I just don't know what it should be in celcius I have candled my eggs and I have 38 babies growing. I'm very nervous about the last few days to go. My 21 days will be up on 1/31/16.
I have no idea what humidity is in celcius. I can not figure it out! I was reading around 60 I have always thought that was to high but my babies are growing. So I thought Maybe the humidity gauge is wrong so I emptied all my water out and left it sit for a day and it still read 60. So the next day I put water in 4 of the little square areas in the bottom. After I did that it raised it to 88 and it's been that since. Today I opened up to candle to check growth and I heard like a light tapping I never heard that before. Could that be chirping? My incubator has a fan in it so I wasn't sure what it was. After I started candling the sound stopped.. Please help me. Should I take them out of the turner and lay on the bottom rack now? And what do I do with the humidity? Please no one judge me I'm desperate and don't want to loose them.

If your incubater is in Celsius keep the temp 39-41 degrees

Btw my incubater doesn't even have a humidity gauge and my chicks were fine

Are there too many air holes letting the humidity escape? Are you opening up the incubator? This can make the humidity change a lot, as can the surrounding humidity of the room. However, as long as its above 60% for lock down then the chicks should be able to hatch.

I look forward to seeing them when they hatch!
pop.gif

Congrats on the chicks! And welcome to BYC!
smile.png

It is lockdown so humidity should be around 60-80%. However, I'm not good with doing the whole temperature to humidity thing so I can't help you there.
Being lockdown, you can take them out of the turner and set them down for hatch. To keep humidity up try not to open the incubator if possible. You could try buying a humidity gauge, this would make it easier to know if the one you have is broken or not.
I'm no expert on incubating, but I hope this helps some. If they have done well so far they should continue to do so.

I hope they all hatch nice and healthy! Best of luck!

Trish please keep posting and let me know how things are going..I got the same unit for Christmas and am also new at this. Am anxious to try some eggs from my girls. I have ten hens and two rooster. I hope I get fertile eggs to try from them. Did you use your own eggs..

Congrats on the chicks! And welcome to BYC! :)

It is lockdown so humidity should be around 60-80%. However, I'm not good with doing the whole temperature to humidity thing so I can't help you there.
Being lockdown, you can take them out of the turner and set them down for hatch. To keep humidity up try not to open the incubator if possible. You could try buying a humidity gauge, this would make it easier to know if the one you have is broken or not.
I'm no expert on incubating, but I hope this helps some. If they have done well so far they should continue to do so.

I hope they all hatch nice and healthy! Best of luck!

Thank you. Do I leave them in the turner?

No, it would be best just to remove it all together. However, if the eggs were shipped then it may be best to the turner in (turned off) so that the eggs remain stable while hatching.

Best of luck! Feel free to ask any other questions you might have!

No, it would be best just to remove it all together. However, if the eggs were shipped then it may be best to the turner in (turned off) so that the eggs remain stable while hatching.

Best of luck! Feel free to ask any other questions you might have!

Thank you I removed them from the turner.. Now it's a waiting game thank you for your help

Back
Top Bottom