I'm new - Hi all BYC Chicken lovers!

rita77

In the Brooder
Jun 13, 2016
Pittsburgh, Pa
Hi,
I'm new to BYC and raising chickens. I have a few that I need help identifying breed and gender please.
The first 2 chicks are Bantams, Marbles and Silvie. I think that they're both hens but I'm having second thoughts about Silvie, the silver Bantam. Maybe a Roo? Opinions?
The second is a chicken was given to me by a feed store because it's deformed. It's toes aren't straight and it seems to be missing something (bone structure?) near it's rear because it has no tail/tail feathers. It's quite odd looking, reminds me of a mini ostrich smile.png The legs are yellowish also. She/he is extremely affectionate. Gets along with Bantams just fine but prefers to follow me if she/he sees me. When the other chickens go to the coop in the evening, she/he comes to me. They still had it under heat so I still have it inside. Any idea what kind and gender of my little goofy chick? By the way, I love this bird! The personality is amazing and is pretty smart for a youngster. It loves sitting on my shoulder preening my hair. This one may get potty trained and be my best chicken bud.
1f61c.png
1f60d.png
1f414.png
1f413.png

The first pic is of the Bantams. The other is
[/IMG]my mystery chick. I'm also looking for a name for my lil chick buddy. I'd love suggestions! Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

These are the bantams.

You have a pretty pair of Belgian d'uccle here. The pullet is mille fleur coloured and the little cockerel looks to be porcelain coloured. They will get even prettier as they grow and moult. They are a very sweet breed. Not sure about your other cutie. Hopefully someone else may have some ideas. How old is it roughly?

The guy at the feed store wasn't sure of the age. He said "maybe 4 weeks give or take". It's such a funny little chick. I'm trying to do yard work and she's following me everywhere! I stop and she's between my feet! Lol So adorable.
And Wow about my Bantys! Someone gave them to me because they didn't want to keep small breeds. Will I get chicks from this pair? If so, they'll be beautiful!
Thank you!

Wow, how cute! If it's not a genetic deformity, then maybe it's a pure bred, buff araucana? I'm not familiar with too many tailless breeds, again, this is assuming it's not a genetic problem with this little one. Maybe someone else can chime in that has more knowledge or experience. Good luck though, it's a cutie!

You have a pretty pair of Belgian d'uccle here. The pullet is mille fleur coloured and the little cockerel looks to be porcelain coloured. They will get even prettier as they grow and moult. They are a very sweet breed. Not sure about your other cutie. Hopefully someone else may have some ideas. How old is it roughly?
x2

Your last chick looks like a possible BO (can't really tell from the lighting) or some type of Production pullet. Not a Golden sex-link since they are darker colored and have more white and not an Araucana since they have puffy cheeks and tufts by their ears (and I think they don't have yellow legs not sure on this one).

Back
Top Bottom