I'm new to pigeons and I have a few questions.

Quote: May or may not what? Lay eggs ever again? Or lay them soon?
hmm.png

Also, is their poop 'hot' like the chicken's and will kill any plants you try to grow in it, or is it okay like the rabbit's and is safe to put it in the garden?

Thank you. I've already seen them 'kissing' a lot, do they do that all the time Yes they display their affection a lot in that manner.
Check out this link:

Once you see the male treading on the back of the female (copulating) count 10 days and you should have and egg in their nest approximately then.

Last edited:
Today when I was taking care of them one got out, it circled around a few times, then landed on top of the run, near it's mate, we were able to get it back, but it is very stressed now, do you think this will have any effect on how soon they will lay eggs?

Thanks.
Here are some pictures of them. the one with the mostly white head and blue band is the hen, the one with almost no white on his head is the cock.

They are very pretty little pigeons!!! I like the one with the white head.

You can keep them in with the chickens.... but only if you don't allow them to raise squabs.

Chickens will kill and eat the baby pigeons for sure.

I keep my breeding pairs in large cages.. the let them back out into the main pigeon / chicken coop after the babies are independent.

They will eat the chicken food... but they need their own mix seeds too.... which you can put high up on a ledge out of reach of the chickens.

Thank you, so, can I put them into another cage when I want them to raise squabs, and then keep them in the chicken coop the rest of the time?

Back
Top Bottom