I'm only a day old, am I crested?

jessellebond

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 9, 2012
Kent County, Delaware
Or do I just have baby fluff looking like a Mohawk? Oh btw, I'm supposedly a mallard...

4a6d70fe-0995-8c01.jpg

4a6d70fe-09aa-e43c.jpg

4a6d70fe-09be-afe5.jpg

4a6d70fe-09fe-ca3d.jpg

4a6d70fe-0a29-54d4.jpg

Hmmm... You don't look like the mallards I hatched, BUT you ARE VERY CUTE!!!

One of my ducklings had a "tuft" on the back part of her head/top of her neck. We called it her "mullet." (business in the front...party in the back!) Hehe! It stayed for about 2 months at least. It has finally just recently faded away. Perhaps you too just have a "tuft" that will fade away in time...
wink.png

Last edited:
Duckling doesn't look like a mallard. Looks more like a Khaki Campbell.

I don't think it is crested, unless the crest is exceptionally enormous. Crest at that age usually looks like a small unruly cowlick.

Just looks like a tuft that will go away sooner or later.
I don't think your a mallard though!
You might be a khaki cambell?
Your very cute as well!
Is that card board for your bedding?
You might consider something else because you might get splayed legs!
(Caused by a slick surface that your cute lttle feet can't get a grip on.)
What temp is your brooder?
Are you an only child?
Please reply and thanks!

Duckling doesn't look like a mallard. Looks more like a Khaki Campbell.

I don't think it is crested, unless the crest is exceptionally enormous. Crest at that age usually looks like a small unruly cowlick.
I didn't see this post until I posted so my thinking you were a khaki cambell was all me!

You need to replace the cardboard with bedding material that is slick. Pine shavings, or place rubber shelf loner over the cardboard. This will prevent leg issues from sliding on the slick cardboard.

Deffinetly doesn't look like a mallard, but doesn't look like any of our Khaki's we have now, hatched in the past or raised. They were always darker as ducklings.

Thank you! My retarded human mom didn't realize about the cardboard, but after telling her she put down some matting for me and boy can I get my legs a-going! The guy my mom bought me from told her he was sure we were mallard eggs, even though my parents hung out in the same watering hole as magpies, runners, khakis, calls, the works! If only I knew who my real parents were, don't get me wrong I love my human. Here are some more "self-portraits" ;)

4a6d70fe-8371-67e4.jpg

4a6d70fe-8382-1a87.jpg

This was me telling human mom getting me the correct bedding... Silly mom, se can be so dense at times.... Most the time.
4a6d70fe-839b-338d.jpg

4a6d70fe-83e1-875d.jpg

Thank you! My retarded human mom didn't realize about the cardboard, but after telling her she put down some matting for me and boy can I get my legs a-going! The guy my mom bought me from told her he was sure we were mallard eggs, even though my parents hung out in the same watering hole as magpies, runners, khakis, calls, the works! If only I knew who my real parents were, don't get me wrong I love my human. Here are some more "self-portraits"
wink.png

4a6d70fe-8371-67e4.jpg

4a6d70fe-8382-1a87.jpg

This was me telling human mom getting me the correct bedding... Silly mom, se can be so dense at times.... Most the time.
4a6d70fe-839b-338d.jpg

4a6d70fe-83e1-875d.jpg
Precious!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom