I'm setting eggs tonight 2/2/12, any hatching buddies out there wanna join me?

Soaring Chicks, I was confused about your comment on single combs? Are there other options?

Nickie, congrats on the pip!!!

Lily, you are one day ahead of me. I can't wait until Saturday (hoping some chicks show up a day early). This is my second hatch, and on my first one they were like popcorn on day 20.

Blueberry, my fingers are crossed for you and your chicks. Soon.... hopefully soon you'll see some action.
smile.png

Soaring Chicks, I was confused about your comment on single combs? Are there other options?

Lily, you are one day ahead of me. I can't wait until Saturday (hoping some chicks show up a day early). This is my second hatch, and on my first one they were like popcorn on day 20.

Blueberry, my fingers are crossed for you and your chicks. Soon.... hopefully soon you'll see some action.
smile.png

When you make a olive egger you take a blue egg layer hen and breed to a dark brown egg layer.(marans)
You will get 50/50 at best of pea combs and single combs. For breeding you want to keep the pea combs. if you just want pets or eggs single combs are fine.

smile.png

My fingers are crossed for you. Not sure when mine will hatch since it's a new incubator hoping they all hatch well. They should it's been spot on for temp and humidity the entire time. Just have lock down left. Good luck to all of us for a great hatch!!

Got home a little late today...but put mine in lockdown at 6:30pm...I saw one rocking after I laid it down....I didn't have time to candle them as I wanted to get the humidity up...took out the plug for airflow and now we wait...I thought I heard a cheep...but maybe it wasn't...lol....Friday is day 21 for me....

Last edited:
my first batch of baby chicks hatched 3 days ago. i still have 6 that hatched then. 3 are bantums, and 3 are yellow buffs. so far these 6 are doing fine. i put another batch of eggs in the incubator on 2-2-12 and they are now in the hatcher so, it is just a waiting game to see what comes out. a 3rd batch is due to hatch on the 5th of march. i also have a batch of americuanas being delivered on thursday. i love baby chicks. last year i hatched close to 200 chicks for other people. this year i am hatching for myself. well and a friend that donated a couple dozen eggs. :)

Back
Top Bottom