I'm setting eggs tonight 2/2/12, any hatching buddies out there wanna join me?

reply : Ok, this is just CRAZY!!! As I'm candling, drawing out the air sac, putting an x on the "top" side of the egg

good luck with the baby turkeys. i tried it once. i got one that started to hatch. the rest were filled with rot. it was not a good experience. i was terrible disappointed., and disheartened by the experience. so no more turkey babies for me.

thumbsup.gif
awesome....now I gotta go get the camcorder ready! Great idea!! I'm up to 4 pips! no zipping ....yet!

This is the first time I am hatching out turkeys... last year my hens did all the work. So we'll see if I have a similar success rate as my girls.
smile.png

I have two pipped! My rocker yesterday isn't one of them... I heard peeping earlier, but nothing now. I hustled to get the brooder set up. These guys are on day 20, so I wasn't expecting any activity today.

I have 2 that are out of the shell, peeping & bumping into all the other eggs! #3 isn't far behind, 3 are still just pipped & the other 9 are doing nothing that I can see. Oh this is fun!!!!
wee.gif

I have 2 that are out of the shell, peeping & bumping into all the other eggs! #3 isn't far behind, 3 are still just pipped & the other 9 are doing nothing that I can see. Oh this is fun!!!!:weee

I had 2 that i could have sworn weren't going to hatch. They did nothing, not even pip, until 9 last night.

I can't get over how exciting the whole process was. From set to hatch I enjoyed sharing the experience with my kids. My daughter (3) asked every day if they were turning into babies yet... I can't wait to do it again.

With the turkeys if the humidity or temp spikes for a good amount of time. It will make them hatch sooner. They like it higher then the chicks even in the brooder.
If they are pipping then dont worry about it. they will be fine.
I got home to 2 chicks out and 4 more pips. our first slw & lavender ameraucanas have nice size pips. cant wait to see those chicks.

clap.gif
great job hatching and way to go on the pips. that was a great hatch to get all of the to hatch.
thumbsup.gif

All is quiet in the incubator, the 2 new babies are sleeping, they rolled the one I thought was next to hatch over onto the hole it had pipped, now I can't see anything w/ that one....... the wait continues!!!! I think I have 4-5 pips, I've lost count now that the eggs are scattered all over the bator. I don't like that they are so quiet.

Back
Top Bottom