im setting my eggs in my homemade bator at 12 enyone with me ? :D

Wow-I love how this thread is still going after all this time xD
Hahahaha yep decided to revive it!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Well chick 2 needed help after all day of no zipping, and chick 3 came out fast like the first! The 2 are still in the bater drying off, maybe there peeping will encourage others to come out too!! 21 eggs in total went into lock down!! 3 so far has hatched.

Nice! seems like I always get a few that need help.Hope you get a bunch more!

Thanks, number 4 looks like its struggling too... but going to wait it out at least 12 hours before I try anything again, too nerve racking lol Hope you get lots of healthy babies from your broody, mine goes into lock down on Friday, but who know really, the eggs I collect are from the barn, I had early ones this hatch which made for a very difficult lock down time, 3 hatched out before "lock down". I'm giving all the ones the that haven't peeped or piped yet till Thursday then re candle... does that sound like a good plan? :) When you help yours out how long do you generally wait from that first pip to intervene? If you see that there is for sure dryness in the membrane how long?

YAY, I have 7 healthy babies... had to help 5. I Think I should of been a surgeon haha. I don't have any signs of any more hatching as it looks, I don't think any of them are good. Candled them last night quickly and each one im unsure of.... which probably means no good! I will give them till tmo night! Day 17 of my broody today!

Back
Top Bottom