Im thinking about getting quail.

Food and waterer don’t need their own area but when you measure how many square feet your enclosure is take out a square foot per feeder and waterer.
Edit fixed typo

Ok, Im on the breed page of the sticky notes. The Bob white seem interesting to watch but not as a beginner. The coturnix seem like a good bird to start off with.

Ok, Im on the breed page of the sticky notes. The Bob white seem interesting to watch but not as a beginner. The coturnix seem like a good bird to start off with.
In Texas, coturnix can be kept without a permit, but I think other types of quail do require a permit.
As others indicated, they vary on how loud they can be, but they'll never be as loud as a rooster. I'm currently living in a townhouse and share a wall with a neighbor. They know I have birds in the garage because the males crow every once in a while, but I don't think anyone else knows about my quail.

In Texas, coturnix can be kept without a permit, but I think other types of quail do require a permit.
As others indicated, they vary on how loud they can be, but they'll never be as loud as a rooster. I'm currently living in a townhouse and share a wall with a neighbor. They know I have birds in the garage because the males crow every once in a while, but I don't think anyone else knows about my quail.
I saw that about the permit so coturnix is my best bet. I don’t think a quail crowing will be too much of a bother. I live in neighborhood with a lot of elderly people, and our rooster we previously had didn’t bother them.

Back
Top Bottom