I'M TRYING SO HARD TO GET STARTED

I JUST WANT TO SAY THANKS TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU GUYS. IT'S SO NICE TO HAVE THE SUPPORT AND HELP. I AM IN LYNCHBURG VA. AND I WILL FOLLOW UP ON ALL OF THE SUGGESTIONS. I'M IN THE PROCESS OF BUILDING THE COOP. I WANTED SOMEONE ELSE TO BUILD IT, BUT EVERYONE I TALKED TO TRYED TO RIP ME OFF. I'M A DO-IT-YOURSELFER, BUT I REALLY WANTED THIS TO BE RIGHT(NEIGHBORS, ARE NOT HAPPY). DOES ANYONE HAVE A DRAWING(PLAN) THAT IS DETAILED THAT I COULD LOOK AT?

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE!!
big_smile.png

You want go wron with the Delewares...they are a great breed of chicken and especially of temperment is a major concern for you.
You'll really enjoy them.

Also, from one Virginian to another...WELCOME TO THE FLOCK!

I NEED HELP AGAIN.
hmm.png
I WAS GOING TO ORDER FROM McMURRAY, YOU CAN NOT ORDER UNDER 25 DUE TO SHIPPING PROBLEMS. WHAT DO I DO. I HAVE BEEN ON THE COMPUTER ALL MORNING LOOKING FOR SOMEONE HERE IN VA. CAN'T FIND ANYTHING. IAM STARTING TO WONDER IF I AM GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET THEM AT ALL:(
sad.png
ANY SUGGESTIONS?

wlee,
Have you considered asking any of your family or friends in your area if they would like to have some chicks and split an order with you? Also, local feed stores often will order chicks in spring and allow you to buy fewer than the 25 that are required by hatcheries. Good luck and I hope you get your flock started soon!
smile.png

There are other hatcheries that let you order for less than 25 chicks. Ideal poultry will let you order as long as the order totals to 20.00 There is also meyer hatchery where you can order 3, you do have an extra charge for the special heating pad they supply(20.00).

Back
Top Bottom