I'm trying to fix a recipie that I destroyed

eenie114

Completly Hopeless
14 Years
Dec 6, 2009
Southwestern Washington State
Hey guys,
I was trying to make this recipie: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cajun-Cabbage-with-Rice/Detail.aspx

and
I've made it before. The problem is that I was an idiot and followed the recipie exactly, forgetting that adding the spices as written will cause our mouths to catch on fire. Oops. So now I'm trying to repair the damage. I've added an extra cup of rice, but I have no more tomato whatever, except for three 6 oz cans of tomato paste.
Is there anything you brilliant people know of that I can do? I'd really hate to see all this go to waste.
hmm.png

Thanks!

You added the right thing; it's starch that takes up heat. I'd add more rice. You could add a bit more cabbage as well if you have it. I doubt that a can of tomatoes would help much anyway. Also, a little more liquid, if you can, just to dilute it. That really isn't a huge amount of pepper; you should be able to get it tolerable if you don't mind a little bite.

Awesome, thank you SO much.
bow.gif
I did add two of those three cans of tomato paste, which took away a fair amount of the heat. I'll try a bit more rice, too.
'Course, once I'm finished, my dad will say, "What do you MEAN, it was too spicy?!"
roll.png
He's the only one who can do really spicy foods.

Salt also cuts the heat in spicy foods (learned from my Mexican friend cause I can't eat her cooking straight) and dairy (everything is better with melted cheese on top, right?).

Back
Top Bottom