IMPRINTED/tamed Golden pheasants?

Kandypeeps05

Songster
Jan 30, 2022
Has anyone had luck with taming a golden pheasant To almost the same level of a pet chicken? I’ve seen this imprinting thing with ducks and geese and peafowl but never a golden pheasant

When I bought Golden Pheasants the breeder I bought it from had Golden pheasants that we’re actually tamed and free ranged and I could even see them out in the pastures and being hand fed. It is possible but you have to hand tame them as chicks but there is still a good chance that they may go back to their wild instincts and wander away especially during breeding season.

If you let them free range they will get picked off by predators in no time. They're pretty stupid when it comes to protecting themselves. As for tameness I've been able to get all of the dozens of goldens I've had to eat out of my hand. Just takes patience, This was with adult birds as well.

I've had them 'tame' enough that if I sat in their enclosure, they would walk all over me, eat out of my hand, etc.... but this took a long time to achieve.
Free ranging pheasants of any kind, usually doesn't work, yeah, you'll hear or read about someone that has done it but they are the exception, not the norm.
With most, you can 'free range' only once! ;)

My Red Golden is pretty friendly. He'll eat out of my hand and stuff.
IMG_20220130_211048319~2.jpg

I know @Kessel23 has tame Ringnecks. They're skittish birds in general, but they can be calmed down if they're raised from very young and are around other tame birds.

Back
Top Bottom