In a word, how would you describe your garden as of today?

Crazy! I may or may not have planted 50 musque de provence pumpkins, 50 other varieties of pumpkins and squash, 20 zucchini plants, 25 San marzano tomatoes, 10 various hot peppers, 1000 drying beans, 100 lentils and 700 potatoes. My pumpkins are already the size of small melons and my San marzano tomatoes are so loaded with tomatoes we had to remove the cages and build a fence to hold them. I have all of the lentils picked and finishing drying in the garage. I have a couple hundred black beans ready to harvest next week and I'm getting 1-2 zucchini a day. All of my potatoes should be ready to harvest in 1-1.5 months.

Crazy! I may or may not have planted 50 musque de provence pumpkins, 50 other varieties of pumpkins and squash, 20 zucchini plants, 25 San marzano tomatoes, 10 various hot peppers, 1000 drying beans, 100 lentils and 700 potatoes. My pumpkins are already the size of small melons and my San marzano tomatoes are so loaded with tomatoes we had to remove the cages and build a fence to hold them. I have all of the lentils picked and finishing drying in the garage. I have a couple hundred black beans ready to harvest next week and I'm getting 1-2 zucchini a day. All of my potatoes should be ready to harvest in 1-1.5 months.
Wow! I envy your production ability that obviously exceeds mine.
I LOVE to plant veggies and design flower beds, I get lost somewhere in the upkeep!

Hot. 🔥
The tomatoes have stopped producing due to the heat. Jalapenos, salad peppers, poblanos, and bell peppers are producing well in the heat. -had to trim back all of the herbs in the raised beds - growing like mad. Blackberries are finished. -looking forward to the fall/winter crop. At over a month with no rain, and two month's worth of 100+ degree days, the summer garden is winding down.

Back
Top Bottom