Inbreeding versus Linebreeding

bantymum

Songster
12 Years
Mar 3, 2007
4 hours from Sydney Australia
Hello, this is my first post on this great forum, I have just started to breed silky bantams.
At present I only have 1 silky hen, 1 silky chick and 1 silky rooster
My rooster is the son of the hen, they had 2 chicks who look great.
1 was a rooster who went to a loving home, the other is the chick who I wish to keep. Now what will happen if he sires the young daughter??
I hope im making sense!
I guess what i need to know is when are they inbred?or linebred?

I have purchased a dozen fertilised eggs which came in the post and 6 are under a broody langshire bantam and the rest are in an incubator.
I have added these new eggs to introduce a new strain.

Remember, when inbreeding, you are not only concentrating the good genes, but are also concentrating the bad ones. Inbreeding is the quickest way to find the worst traits about your family, cause they always seem to be the first ones to show up. Also, alot of times the offspring from inbreeding will be crazy acting:p...

Thankyou, I will have some new chickens if the eggs hatch!!! Then i will have a new strain.
I must say the 2 chickens and the rooster have wonderful traits and people remark on how docile he is, their markings and colours are also very pretty.
The Doe is a buff colour and the rooster is black and brown, so is the chick.
The fertile eggs contain pure white bantams so im not sure what colours ill get further down the track, here I am again counting my chickens before they hatch!

Back
Top Bottom