Increasing humidity with kebonnixs incubator

Foss0218

In the Brooder
Apr 25, 2023
Hello all. I have the Kebonnix incubator and started lockdown yesterday 4/24. I have not been able to get my humidity above 58% after filling both sides and vents fully open. I’ve read multiple posts on how to increase humidity with a wet sponge or paper towel. Does anyone happen to have an example of this in a pic as to where they placed it? Just on top of the water chamber or inside?

Also, at this point will it affect the hatching with the dramatic change in temp from opening the top to adjust this?

Thank you all for your feedback!

Hello all. I have the Kebonnix incubator and started lockdown yesterday 4/24. I have not been able to get my humidity above 58% after filling both sides and vents fully open. I’ve read multiple posts on how to increase humidity with a wet sponge or paper towel. Does anyone happen to have an example of this in a pic as to where they placed it? Just on top of the water chamber or inside?

Also, at this point will it affect the hatching with the dramatic change in temp from opening the top to adjust this?

Thank you all for your feedback!
I did put mine in the lockdown yesterday. This is what it looks like. Paper towel is inside the reservoir.
421D2085-866E-4F85-8F79-DE588215858D.jpeg
98B1FCAB-ADBA-4971-BA0E-86FA2133BBC3.jpeg

i wouldnt worry about 58 myself .. youre using warm water right? cool water doesnt steam up very quick .. but yeah, i wouldnt play around with it too much, if anything and thers enough room maybe just dump alittle hot tap in the reservoir, should steam it up in there ..

i wouldnt worry about 58 myself .. youre using warm water right? cool water doesnt steam up very quick .. but yeah, i wouldnt play around with it too much, if anything and thers enough room maybe just dump alittle hot tap in the reservoir, should steam it up in there ..
That’s good advice too!! Room temp water but maybe I’ll heat it up and put that in there. Plus from everywhere I read once one hatches the humidity will increase so hopefully it won’t be super high then when they hatch

Thank u!

Nice! This is my first hatching so this is helpful! Should I put something down like you did in the incubator so they don’t slide around?
This is drawer liner from Marshals, custom cut 😂. I have 2 sheets of bounty folded and stuffed underneath the grid . Keep it simple and if you are moving eggs don’t turn them around but move it in the same position you pick them. Reason for removing spinner is to give chick time to settle and get in the position for hatching.

I’ve had good luck with running a humidifier close to the incubator, this helps the most for my with my dry indoor air. But honestly, I probably wouldn’t worry about 57% — my NR360 rarely goes over 57% and so far I’ve had 100% hatch rate of fertile eggs.

Hi there, here’s what i did for my quails: i got some non skid shelf liners from the dollar store, https://www.dollartree.com/nonslip-shelf-liner-12x72-in/358571 and cut them into circles, 74DF38D5-C3B8-4D78-8F08-1B8BD1634D58.jpeg
541BA7A6-D292-4CAC-8190-E80935051A4B.jpeg
I made sure to put the cap back on the reservoir, it’s exposed enough for the babies to get in.

Then i took a sponge and cut it in half. Soak it and place on opposite sides inside. I like to place one close to the air hole so i can add more water if needed. I use a syringe and just rewet the sponge.
779DB4E3-89A7-4579-82C4-21637DECE8E9.jpeg
F80DDCC0-4061-46F0-BF41-C079D3F01F36.jpeg
80F59C62-2983-41F8-B57D-337A37B56123.jpeg
I was able to get it to 70-80% having to rewet at least twice during lockdown. I did 2 hatches and had 7 out of 10 babies hatch on both. Once hatched, they seemed to like to sleep on the sponges.
5C3C34DD-475B-48A6-9AB8-17A594F2AFFD.jpeg

I hope this was helpful even though they’re quails instead of chickens:D

Hi there, here’s what i did for my quails: i got some non skid shelf liners from the dollar store, https://www.dollartree.com/nonslip-shelf-liner-12x72-in/358571 and cut them into circles, View attachment 3481686
View attachment 3481687
I made sure to put the cap back on the reservoir, it’s exposed enough for the babies to get in.

Then i took a sponge and cut it in half. Soak it and place on opposite sides inside. I like to place one close to the air hole so i can add more water if needed. I use a syringe and just rewet the sponge.
View attachment 3481691
View attachment 3481688
View attachment 3481690
I was able to get it to 70-80% having to rewet at least twice during lockdown. I did 2 hatches and had 7 out of 10 babies hatch on both. Once hatched, they seemed to like to sleep on the sponges.
View attachment 3481694

Hi there, here’s what i did for my quails: i got some non skid shelf liners from the dollar store, https://www.dollartree.com/nonslip-shelf-liner-12x72-in/358571 and cut them into circles, View attachment 3481686
View attachment 3481687

View attachment 3481691
View attachment 3481688
View attachment 3481690
View attachment 3481694

This was so helpful!! 🙌🏼 thank you so much I’ll post pics with my success! 11 assortment of eggs 3 silkies for sure and I don’t know the others. The sponge and heated water has helped maintain humidity around 70%. The baby quails 💜 if this goes well we might try those sometime too!

This was so helpful!! 🙌🏼 thank you so much I’ll post pics with my success! 11 assortment of eggs 3 silkies for sure and I don’t know the others. The sponge and heated water has helped maintain humidity around 70%. The baby quails 💜 if this goes well we might try those sometime too!
Can’t wait to see how it goes for you!!

Back
Top Bottom