incubating african eggs - detached air cell (day 30 - they are hatching!!)

Egg #2 has completed its rotation and is resting up for the push.

Call me crazy, but I think the other ebay egg has commenced the internal pipping process (ie vibrating, followed by a sharp rocking motion).

Baby #2 officially hatched at 8am and is a twin to the first baby. Baby #3 is halfway zipped.
wee.gif

Last edited:
Thanks!! #3 is done zipping now.... and getting ready for the push. And guess what??!? My last BYC egg is now internally pipping too!!
wee.gif

So pleased to hear that the third is getting close now. Do you know what type of Africans they are as there seems to be some variation in the USA?

I have triplets now!!!
celebrate.gif

The BYC eggs are standard africans from Celtic Oaks. I don't know anything else about them. Hopefully Celtic will chime in to answer that question for both of us. The ebay eggs are bred from holderreads stock and are large dewlap africans. The parents are either white or grey.

ETA: Celtic already answered. Hi Celtic.
frow.gif

Last edited:
Now that the 1st round of hatching is over, I need to run to the store. I do not think the 1st ebay egg will hatch until later, since it was 12 hours behind the triplets in external pipping.

I'm already picking up kale and romaine for the duckies.... anything special I can get for my new goslings?

These goslings are coming thick and fast - you're having a great result
celebrate.gif
Its interesting that it appears there are two 'types' of Africans in the USA - here in the UK we only have one which are referred to simply as Africans but I guess they're closest to the Dewlap African in the USA.

Celtic Oaks - two fine parents there and they look very healthy and clearly producing good quality eggs for you
fl.gif

Ours are also decended from Holderread stock which is how the Buff variety came into the UK.

Back
Top Bottom